OK gurus need your help with this! I have posted this message elsewhere but wasn't getting any response so I started a new thread. My apologies if this offends anyone.
Thanks for understanding.
Appreciate your efforts in helping. Thanks.
My questions are:
I am in H1B status and plan to keep it. I need to go for Landing in Canada (PR
approved). I have pending I-485 with approved AP, and EAD(not using).
1. My passport with old H1B visa is expired. The H1B visa is also expired in may 2007. I have new valid passport(India) with Canada Immigrant Visa and approved I-797 extension for H1B till 2010. Can I safely use automatic visa revalidation to come back after landing considering expired visa in expired passport?
If I decide to go for Stamping:
2. If stamping gets denied or delayed, can I come back in with AP?
3. I may have to file EAD renewal application before I leave. Is it safe to travel outside US after filing for EAD renewal or will the application be considered abandoned. I plan on using H1B stamp or automatic revalidation to come back.
My wife is H4-> F1-> now pending AOS because using EAD(from I-485 pending not OPT).
She will accompany me to canada with pending EAD renewal application:
1. Will her EAD application be abandoned or is there no risk? She will be using AP to come back.
2. Does she need to carry employment verification letter etc. I know for OPT EAD they recommend not to travel while EAD application is pending or carry an offer of employment or verification letter to help re-enter.
3 Does she need to submit all her I-94's when exiting US? I know she will get new one with AP expiry date and Pending AOS stamped at entry.