Let me ask you simple questions...did your employer (fortune 500 company) cancelled your H1? How did u enter US? using H1 Visa or Advance payrole?? At POE on I-94 did they mark it as 'Parolee' ?
Originally Posted by ras
I am on H1 with the a fortune 500 company and they laid me off one month ago April 3rd week. During this point of time I was in India. They gave me till June 1st week to get back to the foreign country. I returned back in May on H1 status as I was told by the employer to leave by June 1st weekend.
I have not finished 6 years on H1 and still have time till Dec 2009
I am single wish to get married some time in August
I already have Future GC application going thru employer A. I never worked for this employer. I am July 07 filer with EAD and AP on hand. I 140 is approved and 485 crossed 9 months.
What are my options:
1. Am I out of status as the current H1 B employer has terminated my employment in April? ( But I am guessing am not as I am on AOS with my pending I 485)
2. Can I file for a transfer of H1 to another employer even after one and half month and be on H1 status. what happens to this one and half month gap as there will not be any employer or payroll being run.
3. If I use my EAD for this gap, can I move back to H1 status later?
4. Once your are laid off on H1, and there is a gap of 40days in applying for a transfer. if the H1 is approved can you get back on to H1?
5. Once you use EAD, how easy it is to switch back to H1. what are the things that need to be done in this case? Is it just getting a visa stampled?