India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchan View Post
I've seen more such letters than I care come and go. And as far as I could remember, none of them ever worked. It'd be silly to think that a letter crafted by a secretary in 30 minutes will change anything on the complicated immigration issue. But people love it because it's so much easier than painstakingly calling each law maker and explain our ordeal.
I 100% agree with you. This letter is no good because all of us will not get our GCs immediately after this letter was issued. If that is the measure of how everything is judged, then everything we all say or do is worthless because it doesn't by itself help anybody on this forum to get their GCs.

Take it easy pal. In the legislative process it is one step at a time. I think such letters are designed with the purpose of being used as campaign tool to show the legislatures that there is a broad support for the proposed bills from large companies, industry coalitions and LEGAL high-skilled employees, business groups etc. Now how easy it is to show up along side in the list of companies and industry groups that include the likes of Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Oracle, Ebay. BTW, on the lighter note, I did not see your name mentioned on this list or for that matter any such list

If nothing else, this letter is a testimony that we have come a long way in making our voices heard. Hope you agree with that.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote