India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikna View Post
I am here 13 years - sad part is still on H1. I couldn't file I-485 because of my stupid employer. My wife is on H4 and can't work. My daughter will be 21 next year. I have two approved I-140 (EB3). God knows when my day will come?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikna View Post
How? I started MS and have 3 year degree from India, someone mentioned in this thread that MS won't work. I have 25 years of work experience - this doesn't work either. What other options left for us?
if you get your MS, that along with your 25 years work experience is more than enough to port to EB2.
The min qualification for EB2 is 4 yr bachelor + 5 years experience , or MS
so even if they consider your 3 yr bachelor + 2 yr MS = 4 yr US bachelor, you have 25 yrs experience and so you will easily qualify.

good to see you taking steps to remedy your situation

Also be aware about all the details about the immigration process, its all there on USCIS.gov, free information directly from the ones responsible.

As i mentioned before you don't need your employer to file I-485, you just needed your date to be current. If your employer or lawyer said you needed your employer, that was completely wrong information. you only need a job offer letter at the most.
So you got screwed for no reason.

I-485 requirements

USCIS - Green Card Through a Job Offer

USCIS - I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status

Here is the I-485 form , take a look, its only your info. Nothing to do with employer.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf

Life is a journey Enjoy the ride!
Bookmark and Share Compare