Originally Posted by optimystic
I have heard the quite opposite concepts too....
- If you want some thing very bad and work towards it, you will get it
- If you want to become something, then start already acting as if you were in that position already (Be the change you want to see...or something)
So, is it easy to maintain a positive/optimystic attitude and 'act' towards a goal with a 'focus' without the 'expectation' that you will get it? Isn't expectation/hope is what gives one the focus?
Isn't there a very thin line between "Not expecting" and non-action/pessimism.
So what is the right way of living !!!
- Focus on something but don't expect it !
- Don't despair and have hope but don't expect !
- Be optimistic but don't expect !
Sounds more like an oxymoronic way of living to me !
But then again, life itself is oxymoronic isn't it! You live to die eventually !
So eventually, the moral of your essay is, its an individual perspective. Some people would be happy w/o GC and some may crib every after GC.