Originally Posted by helpful_leo
Apologize for this post - cannot see a more appropriate active thread.
Can somebody please clarify these elementary concepts for me:
1/ I got current in today's i.e. Jan bulletin (totally unexpected, late Dec PD).
Does this mean we can apply for I-485 only on Jan 1st (and not next week)?
2/ How long is the I-485 application window period open? Jan 1-31st?
3/ I see a lot of posts and lawyer letters ask for "all your past I-797s / I-20s / I-94s". (But not the USCIS instructions here http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf
I do not have a copy of my first I-20 from 11 years ago, or the earlier I-797s? I do have most documentation from last 5 years.
Is this critical? Any way around it?
4/ Can we ask our company lawyer to file for our EAD / AP with the I-485? Does this usually concern the employers, as the AC21 clock starts ticking after EAD application (because of post-6yr H1B extension, EAD is not really needed in our case).
Apologize for long list of Qs!
$300.00 till now for H.R. 3012
congratulations for your pd getting current in january.
1. your i485 application with all the supporting documents can be delivered to the uscis on any business day during the month[s] during which you are current.
2. i.e. any business day (for uscis) between jan 1st and jan 31st
3. the i797/i20/i94 are required the document your legal presence in US.
4. only photocopies of all previous i797/i20s and current i94 are required. if you do not have them contact your lawyer to disuss options.
5. you can request your company lawyer to file i131 and i765 applications along with your i485. there is no additional filing fee when these are mailed along with your i485.