Originally Posted by prak.xs
Can some one please advise me on my situation.
I am on L2 visa and with EAD i joined a company as full time employee.
1. The company filed my H1 as a COS in last year quote (October 2011) and in march, 2012 i got an RFE.
2. Since my visa L2 was expiring (April, 14, 2012), and my H1 didnít come through, I filed for L2 extension with my husband. Mean while, I worked on my RFE and sent the response to USCIS
3. My L2 was approved on April, 12, 2012 and my H1 was approved on April 19, 2012.
Now I will have two I94s
My questions are :
1. Will I be on H1, since that is the latest approved I94
2. Do I need to go for a stamping or can i just ignore my L2 I94 and join back to work with H1 I 94.
I remember sometime back seeing a last action rule that is implemented by USCIS. That means, what ever last action you took, in your case H1 should be your work permit.
ps: Please check with competent attorney. I am a layman like you.