I have a very good job in USA.. and I had a very good job in Canada.
Life wasn't so bad.. but there's really not much life outside of your ghettos in Canada.Toronto is turning into ethnic enclaves and a polyglot medley of permanant underclass of newly arrived immigrant and poor third-worlders.
What pisses me off was after 75K canadian salary .. you effectively end up saving max 10K and that too after watching a lot of things.. Taxes take a BIG bite out of it.. then there is constant inflation.. expensive rents.. (percentage of your earnings.. Toronto is probably most expensive city in NA to live in)\
Comparing Canada v/s home country is perfectly valid point. And when you compare.. unless you are from Pakistan, Iraq, or some other God-forsaken land where all decency has been lost to fanatics, terrorism or war.. you are better off in your home country. People tend to think Canada is similar to USA.. IT'S NOT!
It's a socialist paradise where poor, unemployed losers are awarded with your hard-earned tax dollars and even after all that.. you never really get ahead..
New immigrants who made it big in Canada were mostly from past generation.. since 1990's Canada's immigration open door to every loser from third world has made sure that entire job market is flooded with too many people competing for too few jobs..
Native population has tried stem this tide by adding extra hurdles like making certification of degrees near impossible or requiring "Canadian Experience" etc.. but bottomline is Canada is on the race to bottom very fast and so most talented professionals are coming state-side.. plus all the reasons we had when we fled India to US are there is US..
1. pandering to Minorities.. (Muslims are already asking separate sharia law in Ontario!)
2. Giving separate quotas to every ethnic group. (they call them "visible minorities"
3. Corruption in normal life.. (it's already in Toronto as is seeping across the nation like a poison)
4. No educational future to kids due to overcrowded schools .. (Try finding how hard it is to get in good engg. or Medical school in Canada right now.. and extrapolate that into future..)
5. Crumbling infrastructure (Medical healthcare is killing all other funding to Infrastructure development)
6. It's a myth that Canada is second largest country in the world area- wise..
Only 5% of the land is arable.. meaning population density is increasing at almost 3rd world rates..
7. affordibility in rural areas that are decimated by global shifts in economy.
and urban properity is turning into immigration nightmere..
8. Elites are using Canada as some type of multi-cultural experiment that poor 3rd worlders from all countries right from Somalia to China are only too happy to take advantage of..
I had given a LOT of THOUGHT to all these and I had high hopes when Stephan harper came in .. but I think rubicon has been crossed.. and No govt. in Canada is trying to save middle class when they can pander to various groups and get elected in Ontario and there by rule the country..
So if you are plannign to make a life in Canada .. you better think abt long term,.. do you want to be there when backlash begins?
As far as "BACK-UP" logic goes.. I had thought abt that.. a it's for some other time.. but suffice to say.. backup is no backup really.. Rather you decide to move there and make a life.. Backup just means you want a canadian passport value of which is free-falling per day and it's only matter of time before it turns into useless piece of paper that it is..