PDA

View Full Version : Can someone go fr 2 jobs after EAD approval( i will use my EAD)

h4visa
07-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Can someone go fr 2 jobs after EAD approval( i will use my EAD). Is is required that the job description of these jobs has to be same as filed in the application ? appreciate your help

BharatPremi
07-27-2007, 12:49 PM
The correct answer would be differed on the basis of your current status.
Are you currently H1 holder or H4 holder?

Munna Bhai
07-27-2007, 01:02 PM
The correct answer would be differed on the basis of your current status.
Are you currently H1 holder or H4 holder?

what H1 and H4 has to do? Once you start using EAD..your current status has no impact. On EAD, you can do multiple jobs but similiar description.

-M

h4visa
07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
what H1 and H4 has to do? Once you start using EAD..your current status has no impact. On EAD, you can do multiple jobs but similiar description.

-M

what about H4? I believe no job description is required...rt? I mean once H4 gets EAD. Pls reply

jasmin45
07-27-2007, 01:42 PM
what about H4? I believe no job description is required...rt? I mean once H4 gets EAD. Pls reply
After EAD is approved, H4 can work anywhere in any job.

h4visa
07-27-2007, 01:46 PM

Thanks much Jasmin.

ramaonline
07-27-2007, 02:10 PM
You must first get into EAD status by filing form I9 with your employer. After that you can do a second job part-time or weekends / online etc using ur EAD. EAD allows open employment for your second job - not necessary to be the same as ur current full time job.

H4 holders after getting EAD must apply for SSN. After getting SSN they can do any job full time or part time.

BharatPremi
07-27-2007, 02:37 PM

O.K. Once you get EAD being a H4 Visa holder you can do multiple jobs in multiple field as you were having H4 status. But now if you are having H1 status then you can do multiple jobs with all jobs having similar description to the job description for what your original employer filed your green card (485).

Now real question should be "Should I use EAD or Should I be on H1/H4?"

If U choose to use your EAD than from that moment your H status expires. In normal circumstances you would not care. But in reality your 485 process will still continue for years and say unfortunately something bad happen to your 485 process and get denied then you will have one choice that is to leave USA. But if you have maintained your H status not using EAD then in that kind of scenario you still keep working and staying in USA.

pak
07-27-2007, 03:01 PM
If I-485 is rejected, can you switch back to H4 from EAD without going out of USA?

h4visa
07-27-2007, 03:04 PM
O.K. Once you get EAD being a H4 Visa holder you can do multiple jobs in multiple field as you were having H4 status. But now if you are having H1 status then you can do multiple jobs with all jobs having similar description to the job description for what your original employer filed your green card (485).

If U choose to use your EAD than from that moment your H status expires. In normal circumstances you would not care. But in reality your 485 process will still continue for years and say unfortunately something bad happen to your 485 process and get denied then you will have one choice that is to leave USA. But if you have maintained your H status not using EAD then in that kind of scenario you still keep working and staying in USA.

Understood..but in my case (H4) ..i am anyways not working...EAD is anyday better than H4...atleast i can work. and my husband will retain his H1 status. any suggestions?

mikrupee
07-27-2007, 03:26 PM
What happen to a person with H1B and then EAD. Main job he continues with original employer who file GC and take a partime like working in a store. What will be the interpretation and Can he do that?

Senior pl give advice.

espoir
07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
The moment you use your EAD to get a part time job even you still are working fultime job, your H status is suspended. You can still work with your employer who filed your GC not in H status, but with EAD.

In other words, you can only be in one status at any time. You cannot have H status and work on EAD at same time.

What happen to a person with H1B and then EAD. Main job he continues with original employer who file GC and take a partime like working in a store. What will be the interpretation and Can he do that?

Senior pl give advice.

espoir
07-27-2007, 04:10 PM
They would have to leave US and re-enter on H-4 visa to be on H4

If I-485 is rejected, can you switch back to H4 from EAD without going out of USA?

Siboo
07-27-2007, 04:12 PM
Can someone go fr 2 jobs after EAD approval( i will use my EAD). Is is required that the job description of these jobs has to be same as filed in the application ? appreciate your help

I think you need seperate EADs for each jobs. 2 jobs means 2 EADs..:confused:

Common, You can do any number of jobs with ONE EAD. If you don't invoke AC 21, then why are you worrying about Job Description???

neerajkandhari
07-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Once i use my EAD can i work accepting 10/99 (contractor) with same or some other employer I am on H1b

Can my wife work as contractor she is on H4

OLDMONK
07-27-2007, 05:12 PM

As per my knowledge you may be able to change status while remaining in US.. you may do that with Form I539. Check out this form and read through all categories. To make sure consult an attorney.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-539.pdf