PDA

View Full Version : Green Card never received in mail

psam
08-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Hello all,

It appears that my green card is lost in mail.
My spouse received her 10 days back. Our 485 was approved on same day, so I think mine must be lost.

I will wait for another couple of days for it to appear. Meanwhile I had few questions
1. What is the process to getting a duplicate?
2. If I just get GC stamped on my passport, will I be able to transit from Paris or London airport?

lccleared
08-26-2010, 07:04 PM
I have not received it either, where as my spouse and child got theirs 10 days back. Wonder whats happening, called up USCIS they asked me wait for couple of more days.

sss123
10-15-2010, 03:37 PM
Hi Sam,

I am in same situation i didn't receive the cards did you find any thing about your card. please let me know it helps me a lot.

Thanks

seetheavatar
10-15-2010, 04:33 PM
Don't worry guys.If you have received a mail saying that your GC is posted and if it is more than 30 days you can contact the customer service and create a service request.
You will get your card within 30 days.

If it was sent to a different address it would be returned to USCIS and you will be getting a mail saying that your GC was returned.
For this case also you have to create a service request and you will get your card within 30 days.

permfiling
10-27-2010, 09:06 PM
Myself and spouse received I797 , 485 approval notices with one on 10/15 and another on 10/18. I took infopass and had the I551 stamping. I guess now the wait starts for the physical cards. I heard that they are produced in batches so that would cause the delay

psam
10-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Hi Sam,

I am in same situation i didn't receive the cards did you find any thing about your card. please let me know it helps me a lot.

Thanks

Calling up Customer service fixed it. My card did arrive a month+ after my spouse. there was some problem with production of my card first time around.

h1-b forever
10-28-2010, 10:53 AM
My friend's dependent spouse got CPO approval on 9/10 and the card itself in earlier this month. However, the primary applicant has received no approval notice. Anyone with similar case?

permfiling
12-15-2010, 03:19 PM
I am the same boat. My wife got her card wheras I got a response to the SR we raised that my card was sent the same day as my 485 approval notice and it might been lost in mail. I was asked to file I-90. I called customer service several times and talked to 2nd level IO and all suggested to file I-90. I took infopass but gave a shot again by talking to 2nd level IO who went over my case and said that my card was never created so she raised a SR.

My previous SR was raised by officer at the local uscis office who mentioned non delivery of PR cards which i don't think is the correct request. Now I have to pray and hope they create the card or have to file I-90

psam
12-15-2010, 09:49 PM
I am the same boat. My wife got her card wheras I got a response to the SR we raised that my card was sent the same day as my 485 approval notice and it might been lost in mail. I was asked to file I-90. I called customer service several times and talked to 2nd level IO and all suggested to file I-90. I took infopass but gave a shot again by talking to 2nd level IO who went over my case and said that my card was never created so she raised a SR.

My previous SR was raised by officer at the local uscis office who mentioned non delivery of PR cards which i don't think is the correct request. Now I have to pray and hope they create the card or have to file I-90

I had same experience. Various customer service rep told me that my card was indeed sent. I think they go by email notications or by status changes to our I-485 application. It goes through "Card Production Ordered" and "Post decision activity" even when there is problem with card production. Its only when they look in some other system, they find that there was a problem with card production.

permfiling
12-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks psam. Did they say what was the issue and how many days did it take to get the card after the issue was found out?

psam
12-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Thanks psam. Did they say what was the issue and how many days did it take to get the card after the issue was found out?

I took usual 20/25 days. Dont exactly remember.

permfiling
12-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Non production of green cards needs to be taken up IV as a action item with USCIS

i4u
12-22-2010, 11:07 AM
permfiling have you got your gc? approved and waiting for the card?
Trying to figure out if all the eb2 05 filers are cleared.

permfiling
12-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Please update your profile on IV

deejk
03-09-2011, 01:14 PM
My 485 got approved 3 months back. Once the status showd "Card Production Ordered". Then changed to "Post Decission Activity". I received the Welcome lettter that i have been grnated permanent resident statusI called USCIS some 45 days back. They mentioned the card has been mailed and file another I-90 mentioning my card is lost. I told them i have not received it at all and asked why i need to spend money and file I-90 again when i did not receive it at all. They said file I-90, thats all. I took infopass appointment. The IO at infopass gave same answer. We mailed the card, its lost, we did not receive it back, file I-90.
I asked if my EAD is valid until i get the green card. The officer asked if he can see my EAD. I had both me and my wife's EADs in a cover and gave both to him. Once he took it, he said he cannot give it back. I asked what should i do now and how should i show my status/ work authorization. He said your only option is to file I-90. Come back after filing I-90 and submitting fingerprints, then we will stamp on your passport. I have been cornered.

I have never missed a single mail. When i mentioned same in the post office, they said its absurd when i receive all mails except the card and that something is wrong with the sender. USCIS is making some blunder in sending the cards and forcing people to spend money and go through the hassle of applying for a new one. They dont check any further information other than bluntly saying "We mailed it, we have not received it back". Such important documents should have a tracking number so that we know that they have actually mailed. There is no way to know if they really mailed it.

psam
03-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Hopefully you get a different officer. In my case they officer stamped I-551 on passport which was valid for six months for travel purpose and 1 year for employment.

Other online links suggest to talk with your congressperson so see if you get lucky.
Green Card Lost in the Mail - What to do When Your Green Card is Lost in the Mail (http://immigration.about.com/od/greencards/a/GreenCard_Lost.htm)

foobar2001
03-10-2011, 12:07 PM
My 485 got approved 3 months back. Once the status showd "Card Production Ordered". Then changed to "Post Decission Activity". I received the Welcome lettter that i have been grnated permanent resident statusI called USCIS some 45 days back. They mentioned the card has been mailed and file another I-90 mentioning my card is lost. I told them i have not received it at all and asked why i need to spend money and file I-90 again when i did not receive it at all. They said file I-90, thats all. I took infopass appointment. The IO at infopass gave same answer. We mailed the card, its lost, we did not receive it back, file I-90.
I asked if my EAD is valid until i get the green card. The officer asked if he can see my EAD. I had both me and my wife's EADs in a cover and gave both to him. Once he took it, he said he cannot give it back. I asked what should i do now and how should i show my status/ work authorization. He said your only option is to file I-90. Come back after filing I-90 and submitting fingerprints, then we will stamp on your passport. I have been cornered.

I have never missed a single mail. When i mentioned same in the post office, they said its absurd when i receive all mails except the card and that something is wrong with the sender. USCIS is making some blunder in sending the cards and forcing people to spend money and go through the hassle of applying for a new one. They dont check any further information other than bluntly saying "We mailed it, we have not received it back". Such important documents should have a tracking number so that we know that they have actually mailed. There is no way to know if they really mailed it.

Seen this? Seems like USCIS is starting to track delivery confirmation for important docs via USPS (not sure since when though):
MurthyDotCom : Secure Mail Initiative for Green Cards and EADs (http://murthy.com/news/n_secmal.html)

deejk
03-10-2011, 12:11 PM
They started it from March 4, 2011. I have asked the USCIS representative when i called today about when they are starting the Secure Mail Initiative to track Green Card/EAD. The procedure is still the same, if its lost in mail, you will have to file I-90. But atleast you will know if it has been mailed, to which city, state, zipcode it has been mailed to.

grumpy_american
08-02-2011, 01:17 AM
This is out of control. It just happened to a friend. Their spouse got the Green Card ok, but she didn't. We called and they said it was sent. We then get a letter stating that because the mail was never returned to them that we would have to complete an I-90 and pay the fee.

When I looked up the fee for my friend I went ballistic. $450 !! you are kidding me right?
Some bozo mailman puts it in the wrong box and you want $450 to send another one?

They have the information on computer, they know it's legit. All they need to do is push a button to generate another and send it, BUT NO!!! Not the government that's too easy.

:mad: