PDA

View Full Version : I-485 status change to Decision

ak_2006
10-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Hi friends,
I ported from EB3 to EB2. --> No reds please.
First I-485 status change on 10/07/2011after an info pass and lawyer letter to USCIS. Status changed to Card Production. I got a mail and SMS. But, I did not get welcome letter. Wife’s case status not changed.
I did not receive the card. Lawyer got mail on 10/17/2011 that my Green Card returned due to incorrect address. I called USCIS and gave my address again (I never changed address after I filed I-485 from 2007 and got AP/EADs to the same address earlier). I received a letter on 10/24/2011 and it says, request under consideration etc (at least they got my address correct).
On 10/25/2011, I got 3 emails saying that case status changed and status Card Production (between 6PM to 11PM). After 11 PM I got one more mail saying that Status changed to Decision. Similar mails came to my wife also in the same sequence.
Status changed to "Post Decision Activity" on 10/27/2011 6:56PM & 11:45 PM, the status back to Decision
Both cases are in Decision status now.

Decision status says “We mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.”
We have international travel plans for next month last week (international travel after five and half years). I waited long enough for GC…and journey continues.
I have following questions:
1) Can I expect cards by that time or will there be any Bio-metric requirement before that (our last bio metric was in 2007)?
2) If we do not get cards by next week, is it better to take info pass for I-551 stamp in the passports?
3) Why our status changed from Card production to Decision? Is there any significance for that? DId you hear any such cases?

Thanks in advance for all your helpful suggestion.

hpandey
10-28-2011, 09:11 AM
Its quite normal ... the line goes to Post decision activity to indicate that they ordered your physical cards and then back to Decision . Nothing to worry about. You should receive your physical cards soon.

thomachan72
10-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Mr/Mrs AK-2009 why would anybody give you a red??? You are a donor and have been contributing to IV. We are all happy for you. Hope you continue your support..:):)

ak_2006
10-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Its quite normal ... the line goes to Post decision activity to indicate that they ordered your physical cards and then back to Decision . Nothing to worry about. You should receive your physical cards soon.

Thank you!

ak_2006
10-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Mr/Mrs AK-2009 why would anybody give you a red??? You are a donor and have been contributing to IV. We are all happy for you. Hope you continue your support..:):)

I will support IV for sure. This is the best platform for EB community. I am requesting/encouraging some of my friends to donate to IV (who visit IV regularly.

ak_2006
10-30-2011, 07:28 PM
I received the GCs on Saturday. Thanks IV for the support along my journey.

Good luck for all of you who are waiting.