PDA

View Full Version : Checking your Case Status ** USCIS NEW LINK WITH INFO**

yestogc
09-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I just logged in to see my case status and I saw whole lot of new info.
Check it out.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

yestogc
09-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Another piece of information:

USCIS - Redesigning USCIS.gov (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a4e522e97ccc2210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=4b18dc4d88889010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD)

ganesha
09-18-2009, 09:14 PM
The content is the same...nothing new...

Check it out.

prasadn
09-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Check it out.

It's the same old stuff....I was hoping that at least it would show more granular details for eg.
1. Case assigned to officer
2. Name check cleared
3. Undergoing background check.
4. Pre-adjudicated and waiting for visa number
etc.

BharatPremi
09-18-2009, 09:35 PM
The content is the same...nothing new...

:p

Michael chertoff
09-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Check it out.

Total nosence... same old stuff. nothing new.

MC

seeking_GC
09-18-2009, 10:09 PM
If you try to click on processing times information I get a 500 servlet exception..

500 Servlet Exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key "" in bundle "(default
bundle)" for locale en
at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTa g(MessageTag.java:233)
at _jsp._jsps._processtimesscdisplay__jsp._jspService (jsps/processTimesSCDisplay.jsp:70)
at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:60)
at com.caucho.jsp.Page.pageservice(Page.java:570)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.PageFilterChain.doFilte r(PageFilterChain.java:179)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.DispatchFilterChain.doFil ter(DispatchFilterChain.java:115)
at com.caucho.server.cache.CacheFilterChain.doFilter( CacheFilterChain.java:183)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.servi ce(ServletInvocation.java:229)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.inc lude(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:485)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.inc lude(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:350)
at com.caucho.jsp.PageContextImpl.include(PageContext Impl.java:933)
at com.caucho.jsp.PageContextImpl.include(PageContext Impl.java:870)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtilImpl.doInclude(Ti lesUtilImpl.java:138)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtil.doInclude(TilesU til.java:152)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag.doInclude (InsertTag.java:764)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag$InsertHan dler.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:896)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag.doEndTag( InsertTag.java:465)
at _jsp._jsps._layouts._crislayout__jsp._jspService(j sps/layouts/crislayout.jsp:135)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.PageFilterChain.doFilte r(PageFilterChain.java:179)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.DispatchFilterChain.doFil ter(DispatchFilterChain.java:115)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.servi ce(ServletInvocation.java:229)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.for ward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:277)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.for ward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:106)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForwar d(RequestProcessor.java:1078)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doFo rward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:295)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.proc essTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java:271)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.proc essForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:332)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process( RequestProcessor.java:232)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(Act ionServlet.java:1913)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(Acti onServlet.java:462)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:154)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:92)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFi lter(ServletFilterChain.java:106)
at com.caucho.filters.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter. java:208)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFil ter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
at com.caucho.server.cache.CacheFilterChain.doFilter( CacheFilterChain.java:170)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilte r(WebAppFilterChain.java:173)
at com.caucho.server.hmux.HmuxRequest.handleRequest(H muxRequest.java:420)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnec tion.java:514)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.jav a:520)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:442 )
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

yetanotherguyinline
09-18-2009, 10:33 PM
I saw this exception too, hope the new site is secure enough to safe guard our data!

redgreen
09-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Please wait till September 22 before making such negative statements as in many postings here. They are redesigning the website with several new features and all that will be functional only from Sept 22 onwards. (Read it at USCIS website). I think most people get a lot of thrill by just blaming USCIS for everything, even without checking/knowing what they are talking about.

sparky_jones
09-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Haha...so much for the Obama initiative to improve the transparency of USCIS. Total eyewash...

gapala
09-18-2009, 10:45 PM
Are you surprised??
May be IV need to get some of our Web App folks to guide (Train) the CIS programmers to code it right.. :cool:

gc_on_demand
09-18-2009, 11:13 PM
This gives us idea how they accurate their data for backlog will be. They can do same there for backlog information...

Good job..

DSLStart
09-18-2009, 11:59 PM
WTF :eek:, I-485 current status Initial Review? What the f%#@ were those lazy bums doing for last 5 years? Is this the crap we were waiting so eagerly to see? Where is the transparency in this web site? Another failed promise by "Mr.Change"...

kubmilegaGC
09-19-2009, 12:07 AM
WTF :eek:, I-485 current status Initial Review? What the f%#@ were those lazy bums doing for last 5 years? Is this the crap we were waiting so eagerly to see? Where is the transparency in this web site? Another failed promise by "Mr.Change"...

Did IV or similar organizations were involved in usability tests, surveys and focus groups? just curious...I just wondering what "target" audience did they tap into? I wish they would have approached (or will approach) very smart and intelligent folks in this community for feedback...

IV seniors - any thoughts?

a_paradkar
09-19-2009, 01:04 AM
I checked my case status. Initial status, ... it has been almost 4 years this i the status...

I sometimes wish that that next time i get a job at USCIS. work done 0, hours charged 40 Hrs.

guaranteed job and not to worry about lay offs.

ocpmachine
09-19-2009, 01:08 AM
Totally disappointing website.

Millions of dollars goes down the drain yet again, whats the use of this redesigned website which displays the same old content in different font, color and layout, i just dont get it. Maybe IBM lobbyed a lot to get this redesign project making Obama/CIS believe they are getting a userfriendly website which is just a eyewash.

chanduv23
09-19-2009, 01:29 AM
This is a joke. They are showing the same information.

rajuram
09-19-2009, 01:40 AM
If this redesign was done as part of Obama's initiative, then we should all collectively complain to him. This may be a way where by we can attract his attention towards our plight.

May be we can all take a print out of the status page and hightlight that it still says "case initiated", even after waiting for decade....ok may be send flowers + printout of the status page, any thoughts??

sunny1000
09-19-2009, 02:19 AM
WTF...Even a 3yr old kid can tell that this is a truck load of bullsh*t. Taxpayer dollars at work ...err...flushed down the toilet. So much for the freaking countdown they had on their stupid ass website. I don't know who they are trying to fool...I am going to write a letter to the Whitehouse. The President should know that USCIS has basically taken him and us for an useless ride. But, I don't know if they will read that letter or throw it in trash...

vshar
09-19-2009, 02:53 AM
it is the same old shit in new diaper so far. lets wait for Sept 22 may be they just clean the shit too.

la6470
09-19-2009, 03:36 AM
And worse I doubt if the guys who designed this new site were given any other requirement beside adding some shine, ugly blue blocks and lady liberty in the background... I bet it took a cool million us govt grant for this project to "launch a vastly improved Web site that will, for the first time ever, allow applicants to get updates on their status of their applications via e-mail and text message and online." Well we can at least recommend USCIS outsource and offshore their development efforts along with some of the head honchos. Not very exciting start!

gveerab
09-19-2009, 04:21 AM
May be this new system is trying to locate my file physically in USCIS office and crashing because it's not able to find. What a great improvement :D :D :D :D :D .

And worse I doubt if the guys who designed this new site were given any other requirement beside adding some shine, ugly blue blocks and lady liberty in the background... I bet it took a cool million us govt grant for this project to "launch a vastly improved Web site that will, for the first time ever, allow applicants to get updates on their status of their applications via e-mail and text message and online." Well we can at least recommend USCIS outsource and offshore their development efforts along with some of the head honchos. Not very exciting start!

shreekhand
09-19-2009, 04:39 AM
Hearing Obama's pitch a few months ago along similar lines:
"launch a vastly improved Web site that will, for the first time ever, allow applicants to get updates on their status of their applications via e-mail and text message and online."

It was clear that they had some well paid marketing people that can churn out fluff.

giving updates on e-mail "first time ever" ? already happening, "text message" ? I can always put alerts in my Inbox.

...I would just give them the benefit of doubt until Sept 22...before I chime in.:rolleyes:

Desi Unlucky
09-19-2009, 10:16 AM
When I browsed through the new site, I stumbled upon a non functional static link
View national volumes and trends for all applications. (http://www.uscis.gov/nationaldashboard) Hopefully this works come 22nd and gives more info in terms of pending cases per year and such.

Reason for my hope is the mockup of the web site posted @ http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Office%20of%20Communications/Homepage/USCISLeadership%20(11Aug09).pdf where on page 5 there was a graphical representaion of pending cases, "how many pre-adjuciated", "pending but unripe"..................

Time will tell.

vrbest
09-19-2009, 10:50 AM
I still see my AP stating "initial review" even though I received the approval notice and travelled to India in July and came back.. Not sure if the online system is being updated properly..

govindk
09-19-2009, 11:16 AM
same information presented in different style :-(
I-485 status timeline doesn't have pre-adjudicated status.

nullpointergc
09-19-2009, 12:32 PM
There was lot of hope that new site will bring useful information.
Well what I see is big "circles" and that is we are in for last so many years.
Quite a metaphor.

kondur_007
09-19-2009, 12:44 PM
I still have hope on the link at the bottom that says "view national volumes and trends", it currently goes to "Obama page", but I think by Tuesday, it may actually go to the page where it shows pending application volumes (hopefully by country and PD) which will help us tremendously in predicting PD movements.

The rest of the business with "Circles" is total B**L C**P.

gapala
09-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Well..now a days, Mr. Change's administration along with Mr. Ben of Fed Reserve is calling statistical win on economic recovery.. housing market recovery.. financial industry recovery and what not.. with out any visible / tangible improvement in the climate of the country..

In those terms. .they will call this a win by siting around 500 improvements done on the website...
Here they go...

Background now shows a negative image of statue of liberty:D instead of a plain white background.
New links to government websites
Dashboard??? mouse over those circle indicators and you get generic information what they are..
Now shows Goal for processing time frame
Now shows National average time frame
Now shows Center average timeframe

Whether all this is useful to customers? It doesn't matter.. Another good example of wasteful spending of our tax payer $$

If you enter a search on the Case status online page... here's what you get regardless of what you search for... Way to go CIS programmers.. Over and above all, How reliable is the data? god only knows

404 - Requested Page Not Found on Site
Please look for related information on the USCIS Home Page.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Time and time again it shows this country need highly skilled, best and brightest to develop quality product in a competitive global environment.. when will Mr. Change realize this fact?

GCWish
09-19-2009, 12:56 PM
Total crap!!! same old junk

sparky_jones
09-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Total crap!!! same old junk
Haha...wish I were there when Obama was making those tall promises of transparency and change at the USCIS....I would've loved to shout....

"YOU LIE!!!"

forever
09-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Its like putting lipstick on 100 year old lady!!!

gveerab
09-19-2009, 02:57 PM
I am getting Servlet error on both IE and Mozilla. Can some one port working URL?:mad:

sledge_hammer
09-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Don't blame USCIS!

Obama promised transparency and USCICS gave you transparency ... heck ... they're even telling you there was a server error by printing the full stack trace from their server! What more do you want?

500 Servlet Exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key "" in bundle "(default
bundle)" for locale en
at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTa g(MessageTag.java:233)
at _jsp._jsps._processtimesscdisplay__jsp._jspService (jsps/processTimesSCDisplay.jsp:70)
at com.caucho.server.cache.CacheFilterChain.doFilter( CacheFilterChain.java:183)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.inc lude(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:485)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.inc lude(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:350)
at com.caucho.jsp.PageContextImpl.include(PageContext Impl.java:933)
at com.caucho.jsp.PageContextImpl.include(PageContext Impl.java:870)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtilImpl.doInclude(Ti lesUtilImpl.java:138)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesUtil.doInclude(TilesU til.java:152)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag.doInclude (InsertTag.java:764)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag$InsertHan dler.doEndTag(InsertTag.java:896)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.taglib.InsertTag.doEndTag( InsertTag.java:465)
at _jsp._jsps._layouts._crislayout__jsp._jspService(j sps/layouts/crislayout.jsp:135)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.for ward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:277)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.for ward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:106)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.doForwar d(RequestProcessor.java:1078)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.doFo rward(TilesRequestProcessor.java:295)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.proc essTilesDefinition(TilesRequestProcessor.java:271)
at org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesRequestProcessor.proc essForwardConfig(TilesRequestProcessor.java:332)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process( RequestProcessor.java:232)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(Act ionServlet.java:1913)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(Acti onServlet.java:462)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:154)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:92)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFi lter(ServletFilterChain.java:106)
at com.caucho.filters.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter. java:208)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFil ter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
at com.caucho.server.cache.CacheFilterChain.doFilter( CacheFilterChain.java:170)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilte r(WebAppFilterChain.java:173)
at com.caucho.server.hmux.HmuxRequest.handleRequest(H muxRequest.java:420)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnec tion.java:514)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.jav a:520)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:442 )
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Haha...so much for the Obama initiative to improve the transparency of USCIS. Total eyewash...

boreal
09-19-2009, 04:53 PM
<Begin-Rant>
...and they say Indian outsourcing companies do a crappy job by hoodwinking the customers here ...wonder what USCIS has to say about this biggest hogwash! I cannot believe that they are presenting this website as something that gives more info to the end customer. Such an utter waste of money - I am not even sure if they had to spend a whole lot of money to come up with this crap - I guess this is what happens when high school graduates get 100K for coding HTML! Garbage-In-Garbage-Out!
Btw, not sure why everyone wants to blame Obama here - He is just the spokesperson and probably has no clue what USCIS promised to the end customer...USCIS is a big monolith that has no accountability and gets away with it - in this country!! Can you believe it? Any other private organization doing such a job would have declared bankruptcy a long time back...

ok sensitive ppl stop reading here ..coz i am gonna curse now...F*** USCIS!
</End-of-Rant>

whatamidoinghere
09-19-2009, 05:48 PM
same shit different a**ho**

why cant they spend the money on expediting cases that are current...

ajeshp
09-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Looks like the website is working now.

If I click on my receipt number, it says my case is still in "initial review". I thought if it was pre-adjudicated, it would have been in the "decision" stage.

Can anybody who knows they have been pre-adjudicated check and see if they are in "decision" stage or is the "initial review" stage common for everybody waiting

My priority date is Feb 27 2006, EB2

BPforGC
09-21-2009, 05:19 PM
Does anybody know how to make things complicated and fix something that is not broken? Ask USCIS and see the testimonial (which is their new website). The new case information information is just bull shit and nothing but new boxes and circles but do not tell you anything more.

My my I-140, it shows post-decision activity. I got the approval one year ago and that I-140 file is closed because decision have been made and approval notices are sent. What is post-decision activity? my bull....

Screw USCIS. Don't do cosmetic changes, but change your personality and character. These cosmetic changes don't make you better. You are a still same stinking and inefficient bunch of scum bags....:eek:

BPforGC
09-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Good comparision my friend... same stinking shit coming out of different ass_ _ _ _.

haaa....haaaa.....

BPforGC
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Good comparision my friend... same stinking shit coming out of different ass_ _ _ _.

haaa....haaaa.....:p

BPforGC
09-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Good comparison my friend... same stinking shit coming out of different ass_ _ _ _.

haaa....haaaa.....:p

yestogc
09-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Adding insult to injury.
They do not have sufficient funds coming .................... ???

Immigration fee hikes not providing more revenue - BusinessWeek (http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9ANOK500.htm?utm_source=Capitol+Immigration+Law+G roup+Newsletter&utm_campaign=895b00ca20-Weekly_Newsletter9_17_2009&utm_medium=email)

kart2007
09-21-2009, 05:27 PM
My case status also shows "Initial Review" although our i_485 interview is completed. A bit confusing.

But otherwise, some nice explanations and better design of the case status web site. I found it better than the earlier one.

Looks like the website is working now.

If I click on my receipt number, it says my case is still in "initial review". I thought if it was pre-adjudicated, it would have been in the "decision" stage.

Can anybody who knows they have been pre-adjudicated check and see if they are in "decision" stage or is the "initial review" stage common for everybody waiting

My priority date is Feb 27 2006, EB2

mikemleo
09-21-2009, 08:16 PM
USCIS is trying to make money from our filing fees and if they approve most of us who are tied in the backlog they will suffer huge losses. To make sure we do not make noise for their incompetency, they are trying to sell us a new lollipop. Unfortunately the taste is same and the money wasted is ours. God bless America.

vikki76
09-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Adding insult to injury.
They do not have sufficient funds coming .................... ???

Immigration fee hikes not providing more revenue - BusinessWeek (http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9ANOK500.htm?utm_source=Capitol+Immigration+Law+G roup+Newsletter&utm_campaign=895b00ca20-Weekly_Newsletter9_17_2009&utm_medium=email)

Just start charging $1K for expedited 485 processing, and start counting cash coming in. But of course,as a result of that, one will need to provide service for that at least.

joydiptac
09-21-2009, 08:51 PM

LOL...:D
Hey while on my way back from a recent vacation I saw the same sign on the road everywhere "Putting America To Work". The roads are getting a makeover. Potholes or cracks are gone. You still have the same road that served its purpose before and still serving the same exact purpose. It sure has the "Lipstick" as mentioned in the previous post. Maybe investment into public transport like speed rails etc may have been better for the country long run. But that is besides the point & who am I to complain anyways?
USCIS upgraded website seems to be the exact same deal. Some people updated the CSS files and made a fortune, by putting on "Lipstick" on the same pig. :D
& For the hopefuls, hate to shatter your dream. I bet nothing is going to change on 22nd - that is tomorrow. Even if it does, what difference does it make. Bottomline, You & I still have no GC. Only now maybe you will have convinced that you will not get it till 2020. Even the hope that you will get your GC in a few months will also be robbed of you. Thanks to USCIS!

joydiptac
09-21-2009, 09:02 PM
OK GC problem is solved!
World is supposed to be coming to an end in 2012. Check this out!
Is 2012 The End Of The World? | B'Khush (http://bkhush.com/dev/content/2012-end-world)
:D