PDA

View Full Version : Visa for bahamas

dpuranik
11-07-2009, 03:38 PM
I am Indian Citizen, do I need a Visa to visit Bahamas?

My USA Visa on passport is expired more than 1 year and don't have a valid AP. I do have valid H1B approval, I am planning to do a Visa stamping in my next visit to Indian.

Will that be a problem while returning from Bahamas?

Thanks

trump_gc
11-07-2009, 04:23 PM
I have the same question:-

To visit Bahamas, to we need any visa to visit Bahamas and also, I have a valid AP, :- What are things I need to look for / arrange for, from a VISA / renentry perspective.

ishreeram
11-07-2009, 05:05 PM
You do need a visa. It's a pretty straightforward process. Go to the Bahamian embassy's website and you will get details about the documents needed. We came back from the Bahamas using our AP and there was no problem at all. Note that your processing when coming back to the US would be done at the airport in Nassau or Freeport at the Pre-Clearance location. That way the flight coming into the US from the Bahamas is considered a domestic flight.

a_yaja
11-07-2009, 06:29 PM

My USA Visa on passport is expired more than 1 year and don't have a valid AP. I do have valid H1B approval, I am planning to do a Visa stamping in my next visit to Indian.

Thanks

The Bahamas is not a US territory or state. It is a different country. Indians need a visa to visit the Bahamas unless you have a GC. In your case, you would need a valid H1B visa or a valid AP to reenter the US. The automatic re-validation rule applies only when visiting Canada or Mexico for less than 30 days (and you don't leave that country during those 30 days).

number30
11-08-2009, 12:11 AM

Thanks

Below document says automatic revalidation of the H1 visa is not possible for Bahamas. Hence you need to have either valid stamping or AP.

http://www.jackson-hertogs.com/jh/faq/1060.pdf

dvnagesh
11-08-2009, 04:20 AM
I am an Indian citizen and took a carnival cruise to Bahamas from Jacksonville , FL during summer 2009. I did not have a Bahamas visitor visa. All I needed to have was a valid visa ( Adv Parole in my case) to return to USA. HTH...

bang
11-08-2009, 08:57 AM
If you are going on a Cruise, you do not require a Visa to Bahamas, but definitely need a Visa to get back in to USA. Either Valid H1B Visa on your passport Or AP is required.

I went on a cruise and came back on AP, i know folks who used their H1B / B1 Visa to get back to US.

Yes - they do not re validate H1 / B1 Visa, you will retain the same I94, in my case i received a new I94 (may be due to AP).

trump_gc
11-08-2009, 09:39 AM
I want to make sure I read this correctly:- If you are going on a Cruise to the Bahamas, you do not need a Bahamas VISA, however, lets say you are flying into that country, then you need the Bahamas VISA. In either case, we need a AP / H1B valid visa to return to the US. - Correct ???

Also guys those, who have been to the Bahamas, can you please share some thoughts, on the stuff we shd not miss while we are there,,,must see, must do places..

bang
11-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I want to make sure I read this correctly:- If you are going on a Cruise to the Bahamas, you do not need a Bahamas VISA, however, lets say you are flying into that country, then you need the Bahamas VISA. In either case, we need a AP / H1B valid visa to return to the US. - Correct ???

Also guys those, who have been to the Bahamas, can you please share some thoughts, on the stuff we shd not miss while we are there,,,must see, must do places..

Regarding Visa ..... You are Correct.

The best part of Bahamas is the Paradise Island .... do not miss that one.