Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Education in USA
Click to log in with Facebook
advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 02:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mudigondag is on a distinguished road
Default EAD & Education

Hello friends;
Need some information on studies while on EAD. I am a EB3 (Aug 2004) and so my daughter too. She is in final year of her graduation and applying for Med schools after a competitive score in MCATs. Got a rejection from Arkansas college as she is not a GC holder yet. So I was wondering if anyone studying medicine on EAD?
Most of the colleges wont say about eligibility while applying and the application does not have a immigration category for AOS, it has Dependent, F1, GC and others. We had to go with Others option, ofcourse specified about AOS in rermarks.

Thanks in advance for sharing any information
Venu
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD doesn't get you anything

Hope you do realize now that EAD doesn't get you anything but just the extended stay. Join together with and become a donor and actively participate in the advocacy efforts. No one else here will help you.
Hope you and others in the similar situation understands sooner than later.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudigondag View Post
Hello friends;
Need some information on studies while on EAD. I am a EB3 (Aug 2004) and so my daughter too. She is in final year of her graduation and applying for Med schools after a competitive score in MCATs. Got a rejection from Arkansas college as she is not a GC holder yet. So I was wondering if anyone studying medicine on EAD?
Most of the colleges wont say about eligibility while applying and the application does not have a immigration category for AOS, it has Dependent, F1, GC and others. We had to go with Others option, ofcourse specified about AOS in rermarks.

Venu
Greetings,
Please read the information in the link (from Attorney Murthy forum) below. There are some pointers/indications in it. ( I truly hope I have not infringed any copy right or rules of posting the link here).

which medical school in USA gives admission while 485 pending? - Topic Powered by Infopop

Old 01-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold Sreeshankar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hello friends;

Venu
Greetings,
Please read the information in the link (from Attorney Murthy forum) below. There are some pointers/indications in it. ( I truly hope I have not infringed any copy right or rules of posting the link here).

which medical school in USA gives admission while 485 pending? - Topic Powered by Infopop

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default EAD & Education

Thanks for providing the information. It helps a lot.

advertisement

Old 01-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Hello friends;

Venu
I went thru the same experience for my daughter. Without GC you can not apply in 90% of MED schools in US. Among other states, some MED schools in Texas and Alabama do not need GC. Similarly some DO schools do not need GC. Without GC, you may explore Caribbean Med Schools. Some of them (especially St George, Ross and Saba) are at per with US MED schools, accepted by all US states and are eligible for Federal Loan.

Good Luck to your daughter.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
usr2004 will become famous soon enough usr2004 will become famous soon enough
Post Student assets

This is for FAFSA student aid application
I bought some UNITS from UNIT TRUST OF INDIA for my daughter when she was 1 year old back in India.
Do I need to report this as student asset? where does this asset fit in?

I am also facing all of the above issues for my daughter's college admission.

Thanks

Old 01-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default EAD & Med school admission

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksircar View Post
I went thru the same experience for my daughter. Without GC you can not apply in 90% of MED schools in US. Among other states, some MED schools in Texas and Alabama do not need GC. Similarly some DO schools do not need GC. Without GC, you may explore Caribbean Med Schools. Some of them (especially St George, Ross and Saba) are at per with US MED schools, accepted by all US states and are eligible for Federal Loan.

Thanks ksircar;
Want to explore on Caribbean options too. However a question is how can we file for Advance Parole as it requires the applicant to be in US at the time of application, otherwise AOS gets invalid. And if at all we choose her to be here for AP application, it would hinder the education.
Thanks
Venu

Old 01-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Thanks ksircar;
Want to explore on Caribbean options too. However a question is how can we file for Advance Parole as it requires the applicant to be in US at the time of application, otherwise AOS gets invalid. And if at all we choose her to be here for AP application, it would hinder the education.
Thanks
Venu
AP remains valid for one year and you need to apply for AP in such a way so that for AP renewal your daughter will be in US during vacation etc. In the worst case, she has to fly from Caribbean to Miami (or any nearest US port) just to apply for AP and go back. These are the hassels you need to overcome if you want to send your daughter to MED school without a GC. I did the same with my daughter. You can PM me if you want to discuss in detail.

Good luck.

Last edited by ksircar; 01-26-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spradha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksircar View Post

Hello. I am applying to St. George Medical and I am currently pending family based I-485.
Can anyone letting me know if your family member was accepted as a permanent resident or as international student? I called and asked, and they told me that I will be accepted as International and that I can't apply for FAFSA. Please let me know.
thanks

advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by spradha View Post
Hello. I am applying to St. George Medical and I am currently pending family based I-485.
Can anyone letting me know if your family member was accepted as a permanent resident or as international student? I called and asked, and they told me that I will be accepted as International and that I can't apply for FAFSA. Please let me know.
thanks
My 485 was emploment based and my daughter was eligible for FAFSA, not sure about family based 485. My experience is most of them are not aware of the immigration rules, so you need to fight with them.

Good Luck.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ksakar is on a distinguished road
Default Medical school admission question

Hi ksircar,
My son is willing to go to Medical College in future. We are in AOS/EAD/AP situation. Can you please provide your email address so that I can contact you? Alternately if you can let me know how send PM, that would also work. Your help will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakar View Post
Hi ksircar,
My son is willing to go to Medical College in future. We are in AOS/EAD/AP situation. Can you please provide your email address so that I can contact you? Alternately if you can let me know how send PM, that would also work. Your help will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Sent you a PM.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ksakar is on a distinguished road

Thank you ksircar for such a prompt response... I sent you an email...

Old 03-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sanuva is on a distinguished road
Default AOS/EAD status and Medical School Admission

Hi ksircar/Friends,

My son is willing to apply to Medical school this summer. We are in AOS/EAD/AP situation.
Can you please provide your suggestions / email address so that I can contact you?

Your help will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you All