Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2010, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/19/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
greendream is just really nice greendream is just really nice greendream is just really nice greendream is just really nice greendream is just really nice
Default 1-485 RFE question

Folks,

This is the first time I have received an email from USCIS for RFE for my pending I-485. My question is who will receive the RFE letter? My lawyer or me? Of course, my lawyer filed my I-485.

Also, how long does it take to receive the RFE letter? In my case, USCIS mailed it on July 26, 2010.

Thanks much.
G.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2010, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

In my case both myself & my lawyer received the RFE. In some cases only lawyer receives the RFE.

It takes 5 working days to receive the RFE since they use the standard USPS mail to ship it. So my guess is you should get it on 8/1 or 8/2

In case you do not get the notice till 8/10 make sure to call up USCIS. The reason is for most RFE they issue 30 days to reply back and the clock starts from 7/26. So you will have till 8/25 to respond back in case you need more time your lawyer will have to work that out with the IO.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/19/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
greendream is just really nice greendream is just really nice greendream is just really nice greendream is just really nice greendream is just really nice

Thanks much rockstart.

G.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute saarejahanseaccha has a reputation beyond repute
Default your lawyer will

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendream View Post
Folks,

This is the first time I have received an email from USCIS for RFE for my pending I-485. My question is who will receive the RFE letter? My lawyer or me? Of course, my lawyer filed my I-485.

Also, how long does it take to receive the RFE letter? In my case, USCIS mailed it on July 26, 2010.

Thanks much.
G.
your attorney will get the RFE, it usually takes approx a week after it was mailed..make sure to contact your attorney if it doesn't come across by next week as RFE will have a respond by date on it..

Old 08-27-2010, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
legalalien is on a distinguished road
Question I-485, RFE Dated Aug 25, 2010

Hello,

I just got a notification from USCIS that they have sent an RFE on my 485. I filed my I-140 & 485 concurrently and 140 was approved within one week due to premium processing. I'm from Pakistan and my PD is current. I am wondering what the RFE could be about as I submitted copies of all my previous passports, recently done medical records including immunization with USCIS approved Civil Surgeon , all copies of my I-20s, H1Bs , EADs and Visas. Also, will the RFE be sent to me or my lawyer? How long does it take to receive the RFE in mail? My lawyer is saying it takes 8-10 days.

My case is being processed at the Nebraska Service Center and I completed Biometrics on June 28 which was the Last Updated Date on my 485 application. Please advise.

Regards,

Legal Alien

Old 08-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/19/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare

Hello legalalien,

In my case, it took 5 days so you just hang in there as you have 30 days to respond to the RFE.

You don't want to speculate or worried about it. You will receive the RFE letter in mail and then you can respond based on what USCIS requested from you.

Good luck,

G.

Old 08-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

thanks greendream..I'm hoping it's nothing too complicated. Do you know if I will receive the RFE or my lawyer? Also any general idea on how long it takes to get GC approval upon sending RFE requirements?

Best

Legal Alien

Old 08-30-2010, 02:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
thakkarbhav has a brilliant future thakkarbhav has a brilliant future thakkarbhav has a brilliant future thakkarbhav has a brilliant future thakkarbhav has a brilliant future thakkarbhav has a brilliant future thakkarbhav has a brilliant future thakkarbhav has a brilliant future thakkarbhav has a brilliant future thakkarbhav has a brilliant future thakkarbhav has a brilliant future

Both you and your lawyer will receive copy of the RFE. 60 days to proceed after USCIS received your documents. Your status will change to "Response review".

Old 08-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Rfe - 485

Hello,

I received the RFE on my 485 today. USCIS is requesting for 2 items. Both for which I had originally submitted documentation.

1. the first is copy of birth certificate to prove birth and parentage. I had done this, sent a copy of the original in native language with an accompnying notarized/attested english translation. They are I suppose requesting secondary evidence because my birth certificate was not issued until a few years later after my birth. What supporting documents can I submit? I have a National ID card issued in 2003 that has my DOB & parentage.

2. I first started working on my OPT/ EAD which was valid between Feb 2004 - 2005. I do not have the original card anymore, but i have a photocopy which i submitted. They are however asking me to provide evidence of employment authorization for the period March 2004 - Feb 2005, which is the period of my first OPT employment. All i have is a photocopy of that card, any suggestion?

Regards,

Legal Alien