Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
happy2006 is on a distinguished road
Default How long does it take for Advance parole

HI

My wife is US citizen and I am applying GC through her. We need to goto India for her sister's wedding on Aug 9th. How long does it take for AP to be approved? Can we expedite AP for wedding reason or should we do only for medical reason ? We live in California.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramesh-u is on a distinguished road

I got approved email within 2 weeks but still waiting for the actual forms.. Just write Expedite on the top of the cover. Again, it depends on the Immigration officer.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
capriol is just really nice capriol is just really nice capriol is just really nice capriol is just really nice
Red face 2 questiond on AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramesh-u View Post
I got approved email within 2 weeks but still waiting for the actual forms.. Just write Expedite on the top of the cover. Again, it depends on the Immigration officer.
Dear Friends:
(1) Is there a certain number of years for which an advanced parole given by the USCIS? Or, does it depend on what the applicant is writing, for ex, "I am planning a trip to XXX in between July 1, 2009 through 30 December 2010," and the parole is given on that many years of request?

(2) Also, once an advanced parole expires, should the applicant re-apply it continuosly until he/she receives his/her green card? In case of renewal, should the applicant apply for renewal before a certain number of months before the AP expires.

Thanks for answering, friends. This process is so confusing.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
happy2006 is on a distinguished road

We are filing through our lawyer, do we need to give a reason for why we are expediting the process when filing to INS?

Old 11-24-2009, 04:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/14/2009
Chargeability