|Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Can I change job while I-485 is Pending for more than 180 days? Pending H-1B Ext?
My current status:
-On EAD/AP Combo (valid till Feb 2013)
-Also on H1-B (Valid till Feb 2013)
-I-485 Applied December 2011
-Priority Date: October 2008
My Wife: Currently on H-4 (valid till Feb 2013)
Also: My current company has applied for extension of my EAD/AP Combo as well as my H1-B. My current company has also applied for extension of my wife's H-4.
Question: With the situation described above, can I switch jobs now? I have an offer that is way too good to pass and is once is a lifetime opportunity. Can I switch jobs while 1) My I-485 is pending (for more than 180 days) 2) When my EAD/AP as well as H1-B is pending approval and 3) My wife's H-4 is pending approval? I have received receipt for all pending statuses. What should the new company do? Just do AC-21?
did your wife filed I-485?
If she has filed I-485 then you can switch using AC-21 otherwise your new employer has to file your H1B extension... Without I-485 for your wife, she will be out of status and she to go back to her home country..
There are no strangers but friends waiting to be meet.
Labor : EB3 PD Sept. 2004
I-485 July 2nd Filed - WACXXXX - Case Transferred to NSC.
Moved EB3 to EB2 around Mid of May 2013
Green in August 2013.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Pending 485 and employer change might occur before 180 days||gc_sep_2008||Immigrant Visa||0||04-11-2012 11:18 AM|
|I-131 pending for more than 90 days after getting EAD||boldm28||Visa Bulletin, status tracker, processing times||0||11-10-2008 04:49 PM|
|EAD still Pending after > 240 days||dba9ioracle||Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications||4||08-06-2008 01:08 PM|
|485 pending < 180 days - change jobs - URGENT||rolrblade||Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins||47||07-23-2007 06:07 PM|
|Is it possible to change pending EB1 I-140 to approved EB2 I-140 on a pending I-485?||whattodo||Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins||3||06-14-2007 01:59 PM|