Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jvskarthick is on a distinguished road
Arrow EB3 to EB2 using (BSC + MS) Prior Exp (5 Years 6 Months)

Currently I am in H1B,

My education qualifications are
- B.Sc. ELECTRONICS (3 Years)
- M.S Information Tech & Management (2 Years)

My Working Experience
- Current Employer (3 Years)
- Prior Employer (5 Years 6 Months)

My Questions are
1) Whether I am eligible for EB2? Currently my company processed the EB3 and I got my I-140 approved. I want to know in-case if they are ready to process the EB2 once again.

1) What will be the risk.
2) What happens to my EB3
3) What happened if my EB2 not approved? Whether I can continue with my existing EB3? 4) What will be my priority date it is based on the existing EB3 or New EB2?

THANKS,
JK
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all

Just to clarify, The Company need to have a Job position (roles and responsibilities) and if that job requirements demands Bachelors/or its equivalent with 5 years exp or MS + 2yrs exp then position qualifies EB2 category. The company identifies the candidate based on the matching criteria on JD and after due diligence apply for EB2. In this case candidate is you. Previous approved 140's will be intact until unless if itís revoked due to fraud.

1) Whether I am eligible for EB2? Currently my company processed the EB3 and I got my I-140 approved. I want to know in-case if they are ready to process the EB2 once again.
<<Comments>> Itís the position which is being offered matches EB2. I guess if they are having that position open, you are eligible or made eligible :-)

1) What will be the risk.
<<comments>> In this case you are recipient of the position offered, based on you qualifications itself there is 50:50 chance(purely based on observation) and additional risk play as the same upgrading with same company. However it all dependents on the attorney, educations evaluation done and evidence on progressive experience in the same company.

2) What happens to my EB3
<<Comments>> You donít have to tie to this other the previous EB applications.

3) What happened if my EB2 not approved? Whether I can continue with my existing EB3?
<<Comments>> Previous file EB 140 will be intact. Your stay is based on visa status granted by USCIS.

4) What will be my priority date it is based on the existing EB3 or New EB2?
<<Comments>>Previous EB approval date. If USICS donít port it automatically, your attorney has to request for it.

Note: These are my views and can be wrong. Please discuss with you attorney.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage