|Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
|Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)||
|Please contribute to Immigration Voice.|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Advanced Parol and H1B visa travelling
I am on currently H1B visa using AC21 portability based on I140 approval from previous employer. This is my 9 th year and H1B is expiring April 2010. My current employer is starting H1b renewal again. I do not have H1B visa stamp in my passport as I did not travel outside the USA for last 5 years.
Through my wife's I 485 filling I am beneficiary on that petition. I have applied for advanced parole for both of us to travel out of USA somewhere around March 2010.
My questions are follow:
1. Upon travel when I try to come back should I use this advanced parol or get a H1 visa stamp on my passport and make a entry based on H1 Visa?
2. If I use advanced parol to make an entry does it invalidate my H1 status? I heard somewhere that If I use advance parol to make an entry than I can no longer be on H1 visa. In my case advanced parol I am getting is based on I 485 benefits from wife's I485 case.
3. If making an entry on advance parol does not affect my H1 status, then should I still go to US embassy and get H1 visa stamp? Or it is no longer needed? Is it advisable not to have H1b stamp in my passport at all because I can use Advance Parol for internation travelling? The reason I am asking is because to get stamp in passport will require me to travel to embassy and consume my time from very limited time I am travelling.
4. What are the documents I need to carry while I travel if advance parol is advisable to be used at port of entry?
5. What are advantage/disadvantage of Advance Parol Vs H1b Visa for making an entry?
6. and Lastly, the things I need to keep in mind while at port of entry?
I know, I am asking too many questions. But to be honest, I am really nervous about this traveling as I have not travelled outside the US for last five years. And you know during these years many things must have been changed.
I really appreciate any advise.
Contributed so far : $180
Pledge to Contribute : $20 per month
Last edited by abcdefgh; 11-13-2009 at 06:26 PM.
|advance parol , h1b visa , i 140 , travel|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Travelling with old company H-1B Visa||prabhakarm22||Non-Immigrant Visa||3||11-06-2009 01:55 AM|
|Does 1 need a UK Visa travelling on BA ?||mr_aryan||Interesting Topics||3||10-21-2009 11:59 AM|
|Arrest Record - Travel on Advance Parol||nosightofgc||Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing||21||08-02-2008 08:26 PM|
|Advance Parol||ultimo||Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.||13||07-23-2008 11:12 PM|
|H1B visa expired - Wait for Advanced Parole (AP) or Travel ?||maverick_neo||All other Green Card Issues||29||08-14-2007 11:23 PM|