Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raoece will become famous soon enough raoece will become famous soon enough
Default I-140 PD porting after revoked by Employer

Hello,

I have a question about I-140 PD, if employer revokes approved i-140 , can an employee still can use the the revoked I-140 PD while filing new I-140 with new employer?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2009, 04:48 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/27/2010
Compare
the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raoece View Post
Hello,

I have a question about I-140 PD, if employer revokes approved i-140 , can an employee still can use the the revoked I-140 PD while filing new I-140 with new employer?
I have been looking around for an answer to this myself. I have seen a few lawyers mention that it is doable, while my lawyer said it wasn't.

My situation: previous employer revoked the approved I-140 after I quit the company. My current employer ended up applying from scratch and I have an approved I-140 with the newer date, but I lost more than 2 years of PD I really would like to know if there is any way to regain those 2 years.

Some references to lawyers who say that the date can be ported:

-> Priority date after change of employer with approved I-140
Immigration.com -> I-140 may get revoked. What happens to priority date? | Immigration.Com - Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, PC

It would be great if other people (especially, if they have been through this personally) can chime in....

Old 12-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
cinqsit is just really nice cinqsit is just really nice cinqsit is just really nice cinqsit is just really nice cinqsit is just really nice

immigration.com (Rajiv Khanna) is a reputable law firm. Why dont you contact them directly ? Even if its paid advice cutting out 2 years from your wait time is worth it I think

Best of luck
cinqsit

Old 12-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/27/2010
Compare
the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute the_jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinqsit View Post
immigration.com (Rajiv Khanna) is a reputable law firm. Why dont you contact them directly ? Even if its paid advice cutting out 2 years from your wait time is worth it I think

Best of luck
cinqsit
Agreed. I have asked my lawyer for his opinion about this. I will talk to Rajiv Khanna if my lawyer refuses to do something about this.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
kanshul is a jewel in the rough kanshul is a jewel in the rough kanshul is a jewel in the rough

Based on what I have read here including from a few immigration lawyers if you have to retain PD the 140 should not have been revoked.

Please let us know what Rajiv has to say.

Old 12-16-2009, 11:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/15/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/27/2010
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanshul View Post
Based on what I have read here including from a few immigration lawyers if you have to retain PD the 140 should not have been revoked.

Please let us know what Rajiv has to say.
I have a bunch of references indicating otherwise. Starting from the I-140 sticky in the I-140 sub-forum to links by and Rajiv Khanna say that it can be done.

The Yates memo also says that it can be done. The reason this is tricky is because the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) says otherwise. But, the USCIS officials go by the Field manual (Yates memo)

Page 27 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...22_091206R.pdf) says:
(1) Determining the Priority Date.

In general, if a petition is supported by an individual labor certification issued by
DOL, the priority date is the earliest date upon which the labor certification
application was filed with DOL. In those cases where the alienís priority date is
established by the filing of the labor certification, once the alienís Form I-140
petition has been approved, the alien beneficiary retains his or her priority date as
established by the filing of the labor certification for any future Form I-140 petitions,
unless the previously approved Form I-140 petition has been revoked because of
fraud or willful misrepresentation. This includes cases where a change of
employer has occurred;
however, the new employer must obtain a new labor
certification if the classification requested requires a labor certification (see the
section on successor in interest).

-> Priority date after change of employer with approved I-140
Immigration.com (Rajiv Khanna) -> I-140 may get revoked. What happens to priority date? | Immigration.Com - Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna, PC

I am looking forward to talking to somebody who has done this successfully.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts dmitri is infamous around these parts

does anyone have concrete info on this?
Can you port the PD if old approved I 140 is revoked by the earlier employer?
some lawyers say its portable some say its not....