|Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
|Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)||
|Please contribute to Immigration Voice.|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
please help - H1B visa transfer difficulties
I have a H1B visa and am about to start the process of applying to transfer to a different employer, as me and my employer have mutually agreed to end job,although they initiated this proceeding. My current employer told me that i will work for them till july 31st, i was told i had to hand in written resignation by yesterday and handed in a resignation stating that i will provide my last date of work in a week as it is dependent on my starting date at a new job. They told me that i cannot leave before end of july as they hold my visa and will not release it until July. (new job starts beginning of June)
I have an offer letter from them stating if i leave before contract is up i will be responsible for repaying visa costs - unfortunately for them i did not ever sign a contract as they never gave me one (they even emailed me a notice saying they should probably write up a contract but there prety bad at things like that' - but surely if they initiated the move to end the contract i would not be responsible for this.
Please help - i need to think of my new job, not my old one....
On another note, my employer was my co-buyer on my car and they have asked me to remove their name. If they agreed to do this, legally are they not stuck with this. i have option to refinance my car, to remover name but not with a very good deal..
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|H1B Extension pending, transfer applied.. 2nd RFE on transfer||coolpal||Non-Immigrant Visas||5||10-28-2010 03:32 PM|
|H1 B Visa and job transfer||sada||Non-Immigrant Visa||0||04-04-2010 08:12 PM|
|H1-B Visa transfer||newland||Non-Immigrant Visa||0||02-10-2010 01:01 PM|
|H4 Visa and H4 --> H1B Transfer||vishalmishra||Non-Immigrant Visa||0||12-27-2009 05:58 PM|
|About Visa Stamp Difficulties- from Microsoft Site||dish||Non-Immigrant Visas||7||06-26-2006 12:21 PM|