Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Non-Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold
Default 221g Green document

Hello,
I have appeared at Delhi embassy for stamping. I got 7 years experience in US. I am working for Company A, through vendor B, client C.

VO: How many employees your company has?.
Me: XXX (Based on H1 data information in I-129).

VO: Do you have client letter with you?.
Me: I showed it.

VO: Do you have a contract between your employer and client?.
Me: I said there is a vendor between, as soon as I told he has given 221G green. I was trying to give letter from Vendor B and contract letters, but VO said I think you have all the documents but take your tme and submit all at the other window.

VO ticked the I-797, I-129 and Clinet letters, itinarary & contracts.
I just submitted all the documents including all the contract letters at the same time. I am just cross-fingered.

Any idea how long it took?. Is this called a AAO or administration processing?.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2012
Compare
LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold

Yes, this is administrative processing.
Did VO kept your passport?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold bharmohan is a splendid one to behold
Default 221g green slip

No, VO returned my passport to me. They said will be sending a mail after review all those documents given by me.

Old 07-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2012
Compare
LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharmohan View Post
No, VO returned my passport to me. They said will be sending a mail after review all those documents given by me.
It took 5 weeks for me before I got the email.
Update the thread for others reference when you get the email. Good luck..!

Old 07-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
valleywag is on a distinguished road

is this common for all those who have a primary vendor between the employer and the client ? or they are just doing it in random ?

Though i live in hyd i chose delhi for appointment coz previous stampings from delhi had no issues

advertisement

Old 07-30-2010, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2012
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleywag View Post
is this common for all those who have a primary vendor between the employer and the client ? or they are just doing it in random ?

Though i live in hyd i chose delhi for appointment coz previous stampings from delhi had no issues
I guess it is random.

Old 07-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maddila is on a distinguished road
Default Matter of time.........

One of my friends had the same problem from Madras consulate. they eventually called him to come back with the passport after 3 weeks. You will get it but it's just matter of time.........

Old 08-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Updated I-129 case status to Post Decision Activity

Gurus,
On Aug 13th got an automated email from USCIS that they received information from DOS on Aug 9th and the present status is "Post Decision Actvity". I think my case is moving. Anybody knows how long it took from now?. I appreciate your valuable answers.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mukeshjaiswal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharmohan View Post
Gurus,
On Aug 13th got an automated email from USCIS that they received information from DOS on Aug 9th and the present status is "Post Decision Actvity". I think my case is moving. Anybody knows how long it took from now?. I appreciate your valuable answers.
Hello bharmohan,

What is status of your current status, did you got the visa or still waiting for the response.

I am also in same boat and got the 221 - g green slip on Aug 11th at Delhi consulate and later my I-797 status was changed to Post Decision Activity, I am still waiting on my case, please update on your status.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future
Arrow 221g

Bharmohan and Mukesh:

What happened to your case? Is it still pending or you got it stamped?

Please let us know.

advertisement

Old 12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mukeshjaiswal is on a distinguished road
Default Got the Visa

abhi_jais:

Delhi embassy called me for re interview on Nov 10th and issued me the visa.

Best of luck to you.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future abhi_jais has a brilliant future
Exclamation RE: Got the Visa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshjaiswal View Post
abhi_jais:

Delhi embassy called me for re interview on Nov 10th and issued me the visa.

Best of luck to you.
Thanks man, Actually my wife is stuck there because of this stupid 221G green slip. She went for H1-B stamping. VO has requested for some company papers like details of every employee in the company (Immigration and Wage) etc. Anyways, where did you track the status of your case? Please post the link if you can.

--Abhishek Jaiswal

Old 01-10-2011, 03:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digitalborealis is on a distinguished road
Default Green Slip

Hello All
Similar experience at Mumbai Consulate. Being a full time employee, and after showing all paystubs, employment letter , VO was not satisfied. 1/2 of the time , he was under impression that I was still working for a company, whose visa was stamped in 2008.

Another reason of frustration is they did not check all the documents I sent , which were mentioned in the green slip. Inspite of sending Research Document, I had got the reply saying that I did not send the Past, Current and Future Research Statement. So I resubmitted all the documents again on Dec 23rd,2010 . also added I am not working on any research topic presently or in near future . After that I did not hear back from consulate. So that means my case has been under processing?

Did anyone get the receipt of documents submission in response to Green Slip?

Please let me know

Thanks and Good LUCK

D

Old 01-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalborealis View Post
Hello All
Similar experience at Mumbai Consulate. Being a full time employee, and after showing all paystubs, employment letter , VO was not satisfied. 1/2 of the time , he was under impression that I was still working for a company, whose visa was stamped in 2008.

Another reason of frustration is they did not check all the documents I sent , which were mentioned in the green slip. Inspite of sending Research Document, I had got the reply saying that I did not send the Past, Current and Future Research Statement. So I resubmitted all the documents again on Dec 23rd,2010 . also added I am not working on any research topic presently or in near future . After that I did not hear back from consulate. So that means my case has been under processing?

Did anyone get the receipt of documents submission in response to Green Slip?

Please let me know

Thanks and Good LUCK

D
Research statement? Have never heard about that one! Are you a postdoctoral research fellow?

Old 01-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
digitalborealis is on a distinguished road

No I am not a research fellow. Just Telecomm Engineer who has Master's Degree from US. I just interpreted Research Item in 221G Green Document as my Thesis work and explained it in the research statement along with the other documents.

D