Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Non-Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bharat20 is on a distinguished road
Default A basic question about LCA process through ICERT

Hi,

I have a basic question about the LCA process though ICERT. I work full time for my employer and my employer is filing for my H1. My employer filed for LCA on 8/16/2010 and my LCA was certified on 8/25/2010. After that my employer gave me a different case number that I am supposed to track through the ICERT site and the status for that case number too shows 'Certified'.

I guess my question is after the initial certification of my LCA, will I get a USCIS Case number that I am supposed to track my H1 status or do I have to track the H1 status through the new ICERT case number? My employer's lawyer was not available to answer my questions after filing my H1 and my friends weren't able to help me much as many of them haven't gone through the LCA process for their H1s.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-22-2010, 05:42 PM
US Immigration Attorney
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Raj Iyer is on a distinguished road

Hi:

LCA number has nothing to do with USCIS receipt number. As and when your employer files for your H-1B, you will get a I-129 receipt with the receipt number. That number should be used to track your H-1B.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote