|Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
|Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)||
|Please contribute to Immigration Voice.|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
L1 visa and company being sold
Hi - I am currently on an L1 blanket visa and it looks like my company will sell the unit I work for in the US. The parent company will sell the US division - I am currently in the process of applying for my GC - with the I40, and I485 both pending. I had my biometrics done today.
Want to gain some views on what my options are if the GC route does not pan out. I am on a UK passport, and would like to remain in the states. The GC is an employment based application - which is apparently quick, but I want to have a plan B. Is the next best option the H1B, and if so, will I be able to apply for this (if needs be) inside the US with another company if they are prepared to take me on?
I-40 filed (28 March)
I-485 filed (28 March)
Biometrics ( 9 May)
|h1b , l1 green card , sold|
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Left company after I140 Approved, filed I485 while working for new company||iv4gc||All other Green Card Issues||6||08-13-2010 05:47 PM|
|H1 visa stamping - Old company vs new company||smuggymba||Immigrant Visa||10||01-08-2010 02:08 AM|
|working on EAD with different company keeping sponsor company in dark?||prajwal123||AC21 Portability after 180 days of 485 filing||0||05-27-2008 04:09 PM|
|company might soon get sold to another company||rc0878||All other Green Card Issues||3||10-16-2007 10:27 AM|
|Company merger, amended I-140 returned (USCIS demands ETA-750 for new company)||amo76||All other Green Card Issues||1||05-17-2007 01:47 PM|