|Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.
|Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)||
|Please contribute to Immigration Voice.|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
L1b extn denied on 10Nov2012. Can I apply for fresh H1b in the April'13 H1b quota?
I was in the US for 2 yr 10mths on L1B. My L1b extn was denied on 10th Nov 2012.
My visa details:
- L1b visa expired on 25Aug2012
- L1 Extension submitted to USCIS on 05Jun2012
- RFE received on 20Aug2012
- Extension rejected in 10Nov2012
- Departed from the US on 19th Nov2012
1) Can I apply for H1B immediately in the April'13 H1 quota or is there any cool off period?
2) Since I stayed until 19thNov after my extension denial, that is for 9 days after I got to know that extension was denied (as I had to close down all my things), will this cause any problem for the H1 approval now?
3) When I apply for H1b in April 2013 and if USCIS approves, will I be eligible for six-year stay in the US? Or am I eligible for only 3 years 2 months since I have previously stayed for 2yrs 10 months on L1b?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Urgent - Can I apply L1 extn while H-1b processing by same employer||SVSP||Non-Immigrant Visas||0||08-25-2011 04:07 PM|
|Can I apply for second 3 yr H-1B extn based on approved I-140, while AOS is pending||fetch_gc||Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins||3||04-16-2008 12:03 PM|
|Can I apply for H-1 from two employers in masters quota||padmaforopt||Non-Immigrant Visas||2||02-08-2008 01:37 PM|
|H4 Extn pending Can i apply for new H1 ?||royus77||Non-Immigrant Visas||4||03-15-2007 11:34 AM|
|Can a person apply for a fresh h1b visa now?||vivache||All other Green Card Issues||1||10-07-2006 07:49 PM|