Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   Interesting Topics (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum107-interesting-topics/)
-   -   Does anybody know if Oracle files green card (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum107-interesting-topics/2212391-does-anybody-know-if-oracle-files-green-card.html)

bsbawa10 05-31-2011 08:22 PM

Does anybody know if Oracle files green card

I am going to apply for a position in Oracle but do not know if it files green card or not. I am reluctant to ask this in the interview.(They may prefer somebody who does not need it) . Also I wonder if there is any wait time for them to file the green card after joining. I posted this because I think some of you might be working for Oracle and might be knowing. Anybody knows the answer , please reply here or send me a private message.

smuggymba 05-31-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsbawa10 (Post 2630665)
I am going to apply for a position in Oracle but do not know if it files green card or not. I am reluctant to ask this in the interview.(They may prefer somebody who does not need it) . Also I wonder if there is any wait time for them to file the green card after joining. I posted this because I think some of you might be working for Oracle and might be knowing. Anybody knows the answer , please reply here or send me a private message.

Yes, they do. The timeline after which they file is 1 yr but clarify this after all ur 3 rounds are done with the HR. This is something u can discuss at the end after u have the offer letter in hand.

bsbawa10 05-31-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smuggymba (Post 2630666)
Yes, they do. The timeline after which they file is 1 yr but clarify this after all ur 3 rounds are done with the HR. This is something u can discuss at the end after u have the offer letter in hand.

Thanks so much sumggymba, just one more thing if you know. Do they file eb2 ?

Better_Days 05-31-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsbawa10 (Post 2630707)

Yes they do. A friend of mine got his GC processed in EB2 and it was a few years ago. .

Please note that he did have a Masters from a US university.

bsbawa10 05-31-2011 09:04 PM

Thanks so much .

letstalklc 05-31-2011 10:09 PM

Check before you accept the position

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsbawa10 (Post 2630707)

One of my cousin works in oracle and he has mentioned to me that oracle is not filing in EB2 category (they used to file before), not sure is it for every one or depends on team to team or person to person.

I would advice you better check in advance as soon as you have job confirmation

bsbawa10 05-31-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by letstalklc (Post 2630865)
One of my cousin works in oracle and he has mentioned to me that oracle is not filing in EB2 category (they used to file before), not sure is it for every one or depends on team to team or person to person.

I would advice you better check in advance as soon as you have job confirmation

Thanks letstalklc, can you please confirm from your cousin if it is a blanket policy ? i.e. they will not file in eb2 at all ?

mk26 06-01-2011 08:18 AM

Not sure now, but back in 2007-2008 they did file EB2, I have 2 friends on eb2 waiting to get their GC. one is already left Oracle after 180 days of I-485 filing and another is still working.

Not to scare you just for your info which I heard in rare case if oracle lays off they don't care which stage of your GC process is in.

sk.aggarwal 06-01-2011 09:42 AM

This is true for most full time positions. I used to work for Wachovia and after merger with Wells Fargo they even withdrew approved I-140s, refused to file responses for perm audits and off course start new GC process. I left after working from them for 5 years. Idea is not to scare you, but just be careful. As someone adviced above, give you best shot in interviews and once you have an offer ask them to confirm in writing that they will process GC in EB2 immediately on joining. Dont join if they dont give you firm assurance. And once you join, start working on this process immediately.

moonrah 06-01-2011 09:45 AM

careful

Be adviced, even though they are ready to file your GC in EB2, they frequently lay off people in which case they might not be able to file your GC on the commited day. Big companies go by book. Generally when company lays off, it can not file new labor within 180 days of the effectice lay off. Of course it depends on what kind of people they are laying off and if the title matches your position and what not. But this happened to me. I work for another big company (not oracle) and mine was delayed six months due to this reason. I do not want to scare you but just want to educate you. Think about all these scenarios before making any decision. Good Luck.

sathishav 06-01-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk.aggarwal (Post 2632151)
This is true for most full time positions. I used to work for Wachovia and after merger with Wells Fargo they even withdrew approved I-140s, refused to file responses for perm audits and off course start new GC process. I left after working from them for 5 years. Idea is not to scare you, but just be careful. As someone adviced above, give you best shot in interviews and once you have an offer ask them to confirm in writing that they will process GC in EB2 immediately on joining. Dont join if they dont give you firm assurance. And once you join, start working on this process immediately.

Can't agree more. That is the issue with large companies. If you have a very, very unique skill set and your Manager is very strong that helps. Even that is out of the window in case of acquisition's/bankruptcies (don't see both happening to Oracle though). They even withdraw H1, if you have filed one after layoff.

mach1343 06-01-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathishav (Post 2632194)
Can't agree more. That is the issue with large companies. If you have a very, very unique skill set and your Manager is very strong that helps. Even that is out of the window in case of acquisition's/bankruptcies (don't see both happening to Oracle though). They even withdraw H1, if you have filed one after layoff.

Exactly, Big companies Be careful. You have a lot of things to consider before even applying. So think about it....

sarumaha 06-18-2011 10:58 PM

Hi,
I am also interviewing with Oracle for a project manager position. What happened in your case? Did they apply for your green card in EB2? Please let me know.!!

deepakjain 06-18-2011 11:25 PM

Be careful with consulting firms, with Oracle GC processing is very risky.

Few of my friends got pre-approved labor and got their GC in 2005-2006 under EB2 on the other hand few had their Labor rejected reason being people with similar skill sets were llet go and 2 of my friends had to return back to India as their labor was rejected with reason of being lay off of people with similar skills.

If an organization lays off resources with similar skills then they cannot file your labor for 6 months post lay off of resources with simillar skills

No organization in US can give you and written assurance on GC

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarumaha (Post 2666548)
Hi,
I am also interviewing with Oracle for a project manager position. What happened in your case? Did they apply for your green card in EB2? Please let me know.!!

nitin_jn1 06-19-2011 01:43 AM

Oracle filed Green Card for my wife in 2007 under EB2, 3 months after joining the company. Not sure what the policy in now. She does have master's degree from US.