Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Does anybody know if Oracle files green card

I am going to apply for a position in Oracle but do not know if it files green card or not. I am reluctant to ask this in the interview.(They may prefer somebody who does not need it) . Also I wonder if there is any wait time for them to file the green card after joining. I posted this because I think some of you might be working for Oracle and might be knowing. Anybody knows the answer , please reply here or send me a private message.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbawa10 View Post
I am going to apply for a position in Oracle but do not know if it files green card or not. I am reluctant to ask this in the interview.(They may prefer somebody who does not need it) . Also I wonder if there is any wait time for them to file the green card after joining. I posted this because I think some of you might be working for Oracle and might be knowing. Anybody knows the answer , please reply here or send me a private message.
Yes, they do. The timeline after which they file is 1 yr but clarify this after all ur 3 rounds are done with the HR. This is something u can discuss at the end after u have the offer letter in hand.

Old 05-31-2011, 07:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
Yes, they do. The timeline after which they file is 1 yr but clarify this after all ur 3 rounds are done with the HR. This is something u can discuss at the end after u have the offer letter in hand.
Thanks so much sumggymba, just one more thing if you know. Do they file eb2 ?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes they do. A friend of mine got his GC processed in EB2 and it was a few years ago. .

Please note that he did have a Masters from a US university.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare

Thanks so much .

advertisement

Old 05-31-2011, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of letstalklc has much to be proud of
Default Check before you accept the position

Quote:
One of my cousin works in oracle and he has mentioned to me that oracle is not filing in EB2 category (they used to file before), not sure is it for every one or depends on team to team or person to person.

I would advice you better check in advance as soon as you have job confirmation

Old 05-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by letstalklc View Post
One of my cousin works in oracle and he has mentioned to me that oracle is not filing in EB2 category (they used to file before), not sure is it for every one or depends on team to team or person to person.

I would advice you better check in advance as soon as you have job confirmation
Thanks letstalklc, can you please confirm from your cousin if it is a blanket policy ? i.e. they will not file in eb2 at all ?

Old 06-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/06/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2011
Compare
mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute mk26 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure now, but back in 2007-2008 they did file EB2, I have 2 friends on eb2 waiting to get their GC. one is already left Oracle after 180 days of I-485 filing and another is still working.

Not to scare you just for your info which I heard in rare case if oracle lays off they don't care which stage of your GC process is in.

Last edited by mk26; 06-01-2011 at 08:39 AM.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute

This is true for most full time positions. I used to work for Wachovia and after merger with Wells Fargo they even withdrew approved I-140s, refused to file responses for perm audits and off course start new GC process. I left after working from them for 5 years. Idea is not to scare you, but just be careful. As someone adviced above, give you best shot in interviews and once you have an offer ask them to confirm in writing that they will process GC in EB2 immediately on joining. Dont join if they dont give you firm assurance. And once you join, start working on this process immediately.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of
Default careful

Be adviced, even though they are ready to file your GC in EB2, they frequently lay off people in which case they might not be able to file your GC on the commited day. Big companies go by book. Generally when company lays off, it can not file new labor within 180 days of the effectice lay off. Of course it depends on what kind of people they are laying off and if the title matches your position and what not. But this happened to me. I work for another big company (not oracle) and mine was delayed six months due to this reason. I do not want to scare you but just want to educate you. Think about all these scenarios before making any decision. Good Luck.

advertisement

Old 06-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts sathishav is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk.aggarwal View Post
This is true for most full time positions. I used to work for Wachovia and after merger with Wells Fargo they even withdrew approved I-140s, refused to file responses for perm audits and off course start new GC process. I left after working from them for 5 years. Idea is not to scare you, but just be careful. As someone adviced above, give you best shot in interviews and once you have an offer ask them to confirm in writing that they will process GC in EB2 immediately on joining. Dont join if they dont give you firm assurance. And once you join, start working on this process immediately.
Can't agree more. That is the issue with large companies. If you have a very, very unique skill set and your Manager is very strong that helps. Even that is out of the window in case of acquisition's/bankruptcies (don't see both happening to Oracle though). They even withdraw H1, if you have filed one after layoff.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2011
Compare
mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute mach1343 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathishav View Post
Can't agree more. That is the issue with large companies. If you have a very, very unique skill set and your Manager is very strong that helps. Even that is out of the window in case of acquisition's/bankruptcies (don't see both happening to Oracle though). They even withdraw H1, if you have filed one after layoff.
Exactly, Big companies Be careful. You have a lot of things to consider before even applying. So think about it....

Old 06-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sarumaha is infamous around these parts

Hi,
I am also interviewing with Oracle for a project manager position. What happened in your case? Did they apply for your green card in EB2? Please let me know.!!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Compare
deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts

Be careful with consulting firms, with Oracle GC processing is very risky.

Few of my friends got pre-approved labor and got their GC in 2005-2006 under EB2 on the other hand few had their Labor rejected reason being people with similar skill sets were llet go and 2 of my friends had to return back to India as their labor was rejected with reason of being lay off of people with similar skills.

If an organization lays off resources with similar skills then they cannot file your labor for 6 months post lay off of resources with simillar skills

No organization in US can give you and written assurance on GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarumaha View Post
Hi,
I am also interviewing with Oracle for a project manager position. What happened in your case? Did they apply for your green card in EB2? Please let me know.!!

Old 06-19-2011, 12:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
nitin_jn1 will become famous soon enough nitin_jn1 will become famous soon enough

Oracle filed Green Card for my wife in 2007 under EB2, 3 months after joining the company. Not sure what the policy in now. She does have master's degree from US.

Last edited by nitin_jn1; 06-19-2011 at 12:46 AM.