Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advance Parole Validity

Hello IV team members,

I received my Advance Parole last year October month with the expiry date as 'October 5th 2011'. This year during February, I returned back from my India trip via JFK airport. USCIS officials verified my AP document and stamped a seal on it saying ' Paroled until Feb 12th 2012' .

My question is
1) Is my Advance Parole valid till Feb 12th 2012 or does it expires by October 5th 2011. Can I go to India again with the same AP and come back during December 2011 ?.

General Question : Whether USCIS is issuing 2 years Advance Parole when applied separately or they are issuing the AP for 2 years on case to case basis ?.

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts Sunx_2004 is infamous around these parts
Default Same question

My AP is valid till mid november but while entering to US they stamped which says "Paroled untill September 2012" What it means-

Is it I have to go out of the country and re-enter before September 2012
Do I need to apply for another AP after November 2011 (when existing AP expire)

Anyone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailoor View Post
Hello IV team members,

I received my Advance Parole last year October month with the expiry date as 'October 5th 2011'. This year during February, I returned back from my India trip via JFK airport. USCIS officials verified my AP document and stamped a seal on it saying ' Paroled until Feb 12th 2012' .

My question is
1) Is my Advance Parole valid till Feb 12th 2012 or does it expires by October 5th 2011. Can I go to India again with the same AP and come back during December 2011 ?.

General Question : Whether USCIS is issuing 2 years Advance Parole when applied separately or they are issuing the AP for 2 years on case to case basis ?.

Thanks.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hello IV team members,

My question is

Thanks.
Your Parole EXPIRES on oct 5th 2011. The expiry date is the one on the AP and NOT the date written on the "parole" stamp. Do NOT leave the country until you have a valid AP IN HAND. Doing so will cause your GC deemed abandoned. Search this forum and you will see atleast a couple of posts where it landed the posters in deep trouble.

If you still have doubts, please consult a qualified attorney. Good luck.

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Chargeability
:
Argentina
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
fixxer will become famous soon enough fixxer will become famous soon enough

Interesting, yesterday I returned to the US from a vacation in Mexico. The Immigration Officer made a comment saying "you know that you don't have to renew AP if the stamp says: Paroled until <<DATE>>" where date is a date after the AP expiration.

That really threw me off, as my understanding was that I need to renew AP year after year no matter what the stamp says. She kept telling me there's no need for that.

So I'm confused now.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxer View Post
Interesting, yesterday I returned to the US from a vacation in Mexico. The Immigration Officer made a comment saying "you know that you don't have to renew AP if the stamp says: Paroled until <<DATE>>" where date is a date after the AP expiration.

That really threw me off, as my understanding was that I need to renew AP year after year no matter what the stamp says. She kept telling me there's no need for that.

So I'm confused now.
She is wrong.

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Chargeability
:
Argentina
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
fixxer will become famous soon enough fixxer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1000 View Post
She is wrong.
That's what I told her but she insisted. At that point I gave up, I didn't want to piss her off as I just wanted to go thru immigrations

My question is, what's the date on the stamp for??

Old 09-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

I was confused too, but I always have my AP current when I travel outside the country, since I give the I-94 at the airport while I leave, so there is no record on me for validity to enter back unless I have an AP that is current or a visa stamped that is current.

Now going to Canada where you dont give your I-94 may be where you may be able to renter with a valid I-94 and not an AP, but I would not take that risk.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Any expect or Para legal to confirm !!!

Fixxer,

You mentioned that USCIS staff informed you that their seal/stamp extends the AP expiry date by another year. If that is the case, every Advance Parole holder can extend his existing AP document by visiting either Canada or Mexico (Visa Expense - around $70) country instead of applying for the AP with fee $ 360 , 3 months wait time with tension, providing all required docs, photo etc.

The stamping states 'US Department of Homeland Security PAROLED until Feb 12 2012 - Purpose - AOS'. The USCIS staff did this stamping on my original AP paper and returned it back to me.

Any para legal or expert who can confirm what is correct and what is the significance of the stamping by the USCIS staff ?

Does USCIS has any details in their website with FAQ with some written statement ?

Appreciate your response in advance.

Thanks.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Fixxer,

You mentioned that USCIS staff informed you that their seal/stamp extends the AP expiry date by another year. If that is the case, every Advance Parole holder can extend his existing AP document by visiting either Canada or Mexico (Visa Expense - around $70) country instead of applying for the AP with fee $ 360 , 3 months wait time with tension, providing all required docs, photo etc.

The stamping states 'US Department of Homeland Security PAROLED until Feb 12 2012 - Purpose - AOS'. The USCIS staff did this stamping on my original AP paper and returned it back to me.

Any para legal or expert who can confirm what is correct and what is the significance of the stamping by the USCIS staff ?

Does USCIS has any details in their website with FAQ with some written statement ?

Appreciate your response in advance.

Thanks.
It is CBP (customs and Border Protection) which stamps your AP and your I-94. The date on that stamp is meaningless. You can go to any airport or a local CBP office and they will tell you the same thing. There used to be no date on the Parole stamp but, for some reason, they changed it to put a 1-year validity on it.

Infact, I had one CBP officer at the Vancouver/seattle land crossing who put the expiry date of my AP as the date on the Parole stamp.

But, please note the validity date of the AP is the one written on it and NOTHING else.

Please see below link from Murthy for more details:

MurthyDotCom : Return before Advance Parole Expires

Last edited by sunny1000; 09-07-2011 at 02:48 PM.