Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion
Click to log in with Facebook
Analysis Discussion This forum is used to analyze, predict, track and share the information about the progress of visa dates, visa bulletin and application status of individual cases.

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2011, 10:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2011
Compare
viveksn is infamous around these parts
Question Self Filing

Dear IV Folks,

I am current in December. I am employed in an University and on my own for filing I-485. Should I use the University Attorney and fork out over three thousand dollars or self-file? I have my H1-B approval for the 2nd time( currently in my fifth year). I have not changed employers. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

VSN
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mdcowboy has a brilliant future mdcowboy has a brilliant future mdcowboy has a brilliant future mdcowboy has a brilliant future mdcowboy has a brilliant future mdcowboy has a brilliant future mdcowboy has a brilliant future mdcowboy has a brilliant future mdcowboy has a brilliant future mdcowboy has a brilliant future mdcowboy has a brilliant future
Default Worth going with the Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveksn View Post
Dear IV Folks,

I am current in December. I am employed in an University and on my own for filing I-485. Should I use the University Attorney and fork out over three thousand dollars or self-file? I have my H1-B approval for the 2nd time( currently in my fifth year). I have not changed employers. Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

VSN
Anyways you will have to fork out the application fee of $1087 for you and if you have a spouse add another one..my attorney charged me $800 for the papers etc.

I think I would suggest going through an Attorney to fill these papers.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viveksn View Post
Dear IV Folks,

VSN
Simple Rule: "Always go with professional support."

Think like this. What if you receive a query later? Will you be able to understand/answer it? If you have an attorney he/she will help you. Its like insurance money. If you have a chance to use the insurance money, it is good. If you don't get a chance to use the insurance money, it is very very good for you. in any case it relieves you from headache.