Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/08/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2012
Compare
naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of
Default Perm job title vs current job title

First of all congratulations to all who became current and good luck who are still waiting. As many of you, my PD also became current in the latest visa bulletin.

I recently went through H1B extension and had the title as senior programmer analyst. When we applied for PERM and I 140 3 years back, the title was little different than what was applied for my recent H1B extension. However, the job duties are same. In 485 form, for the current occupation section, I was told to fill my current title (which is senior programmer analyst) and not the title which was mentioned in PERM. Is it OK.

Thanks
Then please send an email to ivcoordinator@gmail.com with subject - "I485 filing without current PD - Impacted Member". Include your 1) IV username 2) Email address 3) Ph#, 4) State of Residence so that grassroot efforts can be coordinated. Please refer to the first post on the thread and use the flier,talk to your friends/colleagues to spread the message.We need all members to get involved.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kris09 is a jewel in the rough kris09 is a jewel in the rough kris09 is a jewel in the rough

Sounds ok. The key point here is, does the job offer based on title/salary used for your PERM/140 still exist at the time of applying for 485? If yes, then good to go.

Nothing wrong in holding a title on h1b that is different from what was mentioned during perm.

Now, lets say you held a job title programmer analyst and now you are senior programmer analyst and make a higher salary than what is specified in labor application, thats going to look weird. That means, the company is saying, upon receiving green card we'll give this person a pay cut and a demotion. That is awkward.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/08/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2012
Compare
naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of naidu has much to be proud of

Please Respond
Then please send an email to ivcoordinator@gmail.com with subject - "I485 filing without current PD - Impacted Member". Include your 1) IV username 2) Email address 3) Ph#, 4) State of Residence so that grassroot efforts can be coordinated. Please refer to the first post on the thread and use the flier,talk to your friends/colleagues to spread the message.We need all members to get involved.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:37 AM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2012
Compare
shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute

naidu,

kris09 has already, correctly responded to your question. First of all H1 extension is essentially unrelated but we don't know what all do they review for adjudicating I-485.

With respect to difference between your PERM title and I-485 title it depends upon how different it is. You must have sent an employment verification letter. It must say in one form or the other that original job offer still exists. Worst case you might get an RFE and your employer would need to explain that job duties are the same (or similar). As kris09 said, if the title is significantly different then USCIS adjudicator might have tough time digesting that job duties are the same.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spada1150 is on a distinguished road
Default Hi

Thanks to this website. The information and knowledge. And shared many experiences.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
roton11 is on a distinguished road

I hope you share this type of more post , because your post more affective information