Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute
Default prediction - inevitable future of immigration bill - cir

this is how cir will end..... with a procedural vote -
Financial regulation plan fails first Senate test - U.S. business- msnbc.com

bet $100?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of Pineapple has much to be proud of
Default Not so fast...

read this:

Congressional Dems Say No Immigration Bill Anytime Soon - The Gaggle Blog - Newsweek.com

Old 04-28-2010, 03:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute

I like your profile image ........ explains every back logged immigrant's situation!

So what this means is twofold: that immigration is both the most tantalizing and the most dangerous demographic political issue on the American horizon. There now are 45 million Hispanics in America, 10 million to 11 million of whom have no legal permission to be here. The Hispanic vote is rising in importance, but there is still 9 percent unemployment (12 percent among Latinos) and citizen-workers feel under siege

Both Reps and Dems want their votes, but don't have the guts to do it!

Old 04-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/27/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute

The Financial regulation bill will go thru for sure, both Dem and Rep parties favor it, however the REP party is trying to resolve certain differences before bringing it to the table.

Both parties cannot afford to be seen as party of Wall street during nov elections.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post

bet $100?

Old 04-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of

Eco Factory - Reid: "The Energy Bill is Ready... I don't have an Immigration Bill."

advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light i4u is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpds View Post
The Financial regulation bill will go thru for sure, both Dem and Rep parties favor it, however the REP party is trying to resolve certain differences before bringing it to the table.
Immigration reform was never even considered to be taken up before financial reform ( It should have been taken up in early 2009 itself! ); so yes financial reform will go first - guess what? dems finally forced repugs to give in, and it is up for debate. As for the differences, there is plenty of it - and resolving it - hmm??

Quote:
Both parties cannot afford to be seen as party of Wall street during nov elections.
One thing they can agree on is covering their own a**.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

C-SPAN Video Player - Senate Majority Leader Reid & Democratic Members on Immigration Reform

Something is happening ...........

Old 04-30-2010, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Default chill

out... that's from yesterday....

Old 04-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/19/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future geevikram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronhira View Post

bet $100?
What does that mean?

Old 04-30-2010, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
baba84 is a jewel in the rough baba84 is a jewel in the rough baba84 is a jewel in the rough

We are a small group, and most of our provisions are reasonable, and hopefully we can get our provisions passed. I wish the same for the undocumented too. If it happens in one bill all the better!

advertisement

Old 04-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba84 View Post
We are a small group, and most of our provisions are reasonable, and hopefully we can get our provisions passed. I wish the same for the undocumented too. If it happens in one bill all the better!
Right.

But Mr Gutierrez thinks otherwise. Hispanic Democrats know very well that if Legals get any reprieve, then the fate of undocumented provisions is for sure dead. That's why all legal provisions have been held hostage.

Unfortunately, legal immigration doesnot have any representation in the senate to work for our interests.

Suprisingly, majority of the Americans favor legal immigration over undocumented, and any legal provisions will have public support. A few senators are playing dirty politics and holding thousands of legalites ransom. If CIR fails, I would hope/pray these Hispanic Democrats don't get elected in mid-term so that we can move forward
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Last edited by belmontboy; 04-30-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
whattodo21 will become famous soon enough whattodo21 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
Right.

But Mr Gutierrez thinks otherwise. Hispanic Democrats know very well that if Legals get any reprieve, then the fate of undocumented provisions is for sure dead. That's why all legal provisions have been held hostage.

Unfortunately, legal immigration doesnot have any representation in the senate to work for our interests.

Suprisingly, majority of the Americans favor legal immigration over undocumented, and any legal provisions will have public support. A few senators are playing dirty politics and holding thousands of legalites ransom. If CIR fails, I would hope/pray these Hispanic Democrats don't get elected in mid-term so that we can move forward
catch 22 both ways! One way or the other we are joined at the hip to the Hispanic community.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute Caliber has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4u View Post
One thing they can agree on is covering their own a**.
i4u, Please think back if this is the language we use on Lawmakers of this great country.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of

Correct me if I my understanding is wrong. We legals are not getting any action because law makers want to do a comprehensive reform instead of a piece meal legislations. If the CIR is not a possibility, is there not a good chance to push for reforms for legals on a piece meal basis ? Stuff like visa recapture, removing country cap, filing for 485 when dates are not current and all ?

Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb_248 View Post
Correct me if I my understanding is wrong. We legals are not getting any action because law makers want to do a comprehensive reform instead of a piece meal legislations. If the CIR is not a possibility, is there not a good chance to push for reforms for legals on a piece meal basis ? Stuff like visa recapture, removing country cap, filing for 485 when dates are not current and all ?
You can find the answer here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
Right.