Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Don't take it as a No. This type of sensitive information is available to state chapter members who are verified and have established themselves in the 'circle of trust'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngopikrishnan View Post
I will take that as a 'NO' for the answer to my question.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2008, 11:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
tinku01 has a spectacular aura about tinku01 has a spectacular aura about
Default Thanks for supporting CP filers

Thanks H4_Losing_Hope for suppoting CP filers. i don't know how they everybody neglected the filers as they are also part of this community and in worst sitauation if you compare to 485 filers.

I ask everybody to include some reliefe for CP filers in their letters.

Thanks

Old 02-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinku01 View Post
Thanks H4_Losing_Hope for suppoting CP filers. i don't know how they everybody neglected the filers as they are also part of this community and in worst sitauation if you compare to 485 filers.

I ask everybody to include some reliefe for CP filers in their letters.

Thanks
You're welcome, yes we are all in this together no matter what route, what PD etc. Cheers.
Approved, card production ordered
$50 contribution so far
letter campaign w/ over $375 in postage, paper, envelopes and printer ink!
Sent letter to Nancy Pelosi

Old 02-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of H4_losing_hope has much to be proud of
Default CP support

Hi IV, just want to keep this request current for debate, thanks in advance for feedback
$50 contribution so far

Old 02-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Petition letter to Congressman/woman

Hi there,

I just printed out my letter to Nancy Pelosi using this template: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...11&postcount=6 and it reads great, however there are some spelling and gramatical errors in a few of the lines. Could we update it (or I can offer to proof and send the copy back) before anyone else uses it. Want to make the best impression! Thanks!
$50 contribution so far

advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Ooops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4_losing_hope View Post
Hi there,

I just printed out my letter to Nancy Pelosi using this template: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...11&postcount=6 and it reads great, however there are some spelling and gramatical errors in a few of the lines. Could we update it (or I can offer to proof and send the copy back) before anyone else uses it. Want to make the best impression! Thanks!
Erm, may be I shouldn't be the proof reader--I just spelt the word "grammatical" incorrectly above!! oops.
$50 contribution so far

Old 02-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Post with fixes here..
Quote:
Originally Posted by H4_losing_hope View Post
Hi there,

Got GC in Sept 2011

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 02-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Just left a folder with 30 letters @ Sherin Thawer's law office. They've promised to talk to clients and get me some signatures.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 02-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
REQUIRE_GC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by IV2007 View Post
Sent in my letters last week to both Mr.Prez & IV folks.

Sent letters to local senators.

Hoping for something..
Sent My letter to President, IV. Called 5 friends and requested to send letters
RD:07/23/2007 ND:08/20/2007
Greened on JULY 1 2010, Card Receievd on JULY 12 2010
SENT LETTER TO PRESIDENT FOR ADMIN FIXES, Contributed $11 IN HIGH FIVE
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bump

Lets keep this on top. lets get as many letters as possible

advertisement

Old 02-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default 10-minute Gandhigiri can save you 10 years of Green Card Wait.

Takes 10 minutes to convince a couple of people to sign.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default +1

This has been a low-scoring week, although I just managed to get 1 more letter. I am now on 152.

We are also trying to make another attempt at contacting the local lawmaker. No response to our online requests. Now, we will follow up with a phone call.
2) Flowers campaign, SJ rally, Youtube Video Campaign, Attended DC Rally & co-ordinated Airfare Sponsorships, Gathered and mailed over 300 letters in Admin Fix campaign
PD: Aug 2006. I-485: July, August 2007 @ TSC. I-485 approved on June 15, 2011

Old 02-14-2008, 07:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Inventive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
Just left a folder with 30 letters @ Sherin Thawer's law office. They've promised to talk to clients and get me some signatures.
Great stuff Needhelp, this will be great place to catch the clients too--good thought!!! Also thanks on the reply re the congressman/woman letter, will try and get that up today. Cheers
$50 contribution so far

Old 02-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/19/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
athanga is a jewel in the rough athanga is a jewel in the rough athanga is a jewel in the rough
Default Scored three more pairs today

My total count upto 14 pairs, will have to do atleast 50.

Dont know many people in Missouri, but still trying.
Signed up for Monthly $50 from Dec 2010

Old 02-14-2008, 08:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Letter template for law makers updated. Please check my proof too, thanks :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp! View Post
Post with fixes here..
The Honorable Senator/Representative XXX
<< address>>

Re: Administrative fixes to alleviate issues faced by highly-skilled immigrants in <<state>>

Respected Senator/Representative <<lastname>>,

I am a constituent and an employment-based highly-skilled immigrant. << fill in your bio in 2-3 sentences max>>. I'm also a member of Immigration Voice, a non-profit grassroots organization working to fix the issues faced by highly-skilled immigrants like myself. Currently a million employment immigrants and their families are stuck in a backlog due to insufficient numbers and USCIS processing delays. It may be 6-12 years before these immigrants will be able to receive their green cards, if the immigration system isn't reformed.

Though Immigration Voice is interested in seeing legislative fixes passed by US Congress, it may take a long time for an agreed immigration reform to pass. Considering this fact, Immigration Voice has proposed the following points to President Bush's administration to fix some of the issues administratively. I urge you to support our cause by writing a letter to President Bush, as follows, to implement these administrative fixes without further delay.

"

Respected President Bush,

I urge you to implement the following administrative fixes immediately to help the highly-skilled immigrants waiting their turn in a severely backlogged system.

1) Recapture 218,000 unused visas wasted over the past few years administratively, in line with Congressional intent of providing 140,000 visas annually to our community.

2) Flexibility in the USCIS interpretation of "same and similar" jobs, to allow promotions and job mobility. Correct USCIS rule is restrictive and pushes the applicant to the end of the line, if they accept promotions.

3) Allow filing of 'Adjustment of Status Applications', even when visa numbers are not available. This will not create an increase in visas, but will allow a number of immigrants to avail the benefits of changing jobs while waiting for their visa numbers.

4) Increase the period of Employment Authorization Document (work authorization) and Advance Parole (travel permit) to 3 years instead of the current practice of 1 year. This will reduce the burden on USCIS and on immigrants. It will also make travel to an immigrant's home country easier during emergencies.

5) Allow visa revalidation in the US as before. Currently, immigrants have to travel to their home country to renew their visas. If it was performed here in the US, it would be helpful in making it easier to travel back and forth during emergencies.

6) Restart premium processing for I-140 applications. Now that USCIS has cleared the receipting backlog, premium processing should be made available. Without it, many immigrants are unable to extend their stay beyond 6 years, if their labor certification was applied for after the completion of their 5th year of stay in the US.

"

Repectfully,

<<Full Name>>
<<Address>>
<<Phone>>
<<E-mail>>
Web-site : http://www.immigrationvoice.org
$50 contribution so far