Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts
Default Why don't we ourselves write editorials/articles on Immigration

We have a wealth of information from A to Z on US Immigration, why dont we ourselves write articles and editorials and get them published in the News Papers, Journals, etc?

Why are we waiting for some one to come to us and take information to write articles on us. Does Newspapers check the background of authors to verify if they are citizens/non-citizens/green card holders/ H1B's. What all matters to them is quality and authenticity of the articles.

Do you folks think this a good option to pursue?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice mdmd10 is just really nice

yes...good idea! If those ignorant buffoons from NumbersUSA can spread false propaganda...why not spread the light.

The truth will set everyone free.
I485 RD - 07/17/2007, ND - 08/15/2007
I485 RFE Recvd - 07/31/2009
I485 RFE Responded - 08/12/2009
Recieved 2 year EADs and 3 APs so far
Funding Drive contribution of $100
Visa Recapture Funding Drive contribution $100
Made two 1 time contributions of $100 ($200 so far)
Faxed letters to Immigration Sub-Committee for Bill H.R 5882

Old 08-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...47&postcount=1

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...85&postcount=1
===================
Use the info in the post at your risk. None of this is legal advice.
-----------

Old 08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2008
Compare
abq_gc has a little shameless behaviour in the past

A very good idea... Need people to start Bogging and writing these editorials..
Media attention towards the scam of USCIS is necessary..

Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Great idea

Guys,

I have been going to various blogs and where anti legal immigration ideas are posted, I try to provide a fact based rebuttal...

As a start I would request all of you to do the same...

For the gifted writers here writing articles for newspapers is a great idea...

We all should do aour part and spread the awareness...

WI State Chapter - http://groups.google.com/group/iv-wi-mw?hl=en

Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute grupak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excellent idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras View Post
We have a wealth of information from A to Z on US Immigration, why dont we ourselves write articles and editorials and get them published in the News Papers, Journals, etc?

Why are we waiting for some one to come to us and take information to write articles on us. Does Newspapers check the background of authors to verify if they are citizens/non-citizens/green card holders/ H1B's. What all matters to them is quality and authenticity of the articles.

Lets put it to work.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
loveiv will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Is anybody stopping you from doing so?
"TALK LESS, WORK MORE".

Old 08-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts ras is infamous around these parts
Default Let's see if we can streamline some process for this

I am kind of thinking of getting a template kind of system where in members can involve and put in their thoughts and once an article ( of some interest) reaches to a final stage and gets approved by the majority it would be forwarded to the news papers / Journals.

I am not sure how much time it takes, but let me try out crystallizing the thoughts towards this end.

Would be great, if few people can join me in this endeavor. PM folks/writers who wish to involve themselves in this process.

This is a process that has to evolve and please do not have expectations as to see results right away.

However, if some one is ready to take the lead.... Please take over...

Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04-18-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold reedandbamboo is a splendid one to behold
Default I'd like to

volunteer as a writer.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rick_rajvanshi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I am kind of thinking of getting a template kind of system where in members can involve and put in their thoughts and once an article ( of some interest) reaches to a final stage and gets approved by the majority it would be forwarded to the news papers / Journals.

I am not sure how much time it takes, but let me try out crystallizing the thoughts towards this end.

Would be great, if few people can join me in this endeavor. PM folks/writers who wish to involve themselves in this process.

This is a process that has to evolve and please do not have expectations as to see results right away.

However, if some one is ready to take the lead.... Please take over...

First thing we should do is to highlight our issues on our own website ( IV.org ). At this moment we are not even doing that. For example, today's "Processing date bulletin" which came out exactly 15 days late and that too with dates traveling back in time should be highlighted first on our own web site.

IV home page has not been updated for past 3 months or so.

Why not put these kind of painful headlines on our home page first big , bold highlighted ( eg "USCIS screws immigrants again with latest visa bulletin" ) and then dedicate few lines to it with proper links to last month's and current bulletin.

Now forward these links to news hungry journalist who will automatically investigate and write in their papers and journals.

Dedicate few inches of space for today's IV headlines on our home page first.

Last edited by rick_rajvanshi; 08-29-2008 at 01:00 PM.