Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
GC20?? is infamous around these parts GC20?? is infamous around these parts
Question Reason for EB2 India forward movement in October???

Sorry if this question was already posted and answered in some other thread.

According to I-485 inventory published by USCIS if there are 6300+ pending application in 2004 alone for EB2 India what was the reason for forward movement of Jan 22 in the October visa bulletin?

As October being the first month of 2010 quota and as the spill overs are released only in the last quarter this is not making any sense to me.

According to the FOIA data released to the IV my position in queue is 3750. The forward movement in October makes more sense to me if the data released by USCIS to IV is the real one.

F.Y.I.
My position in queue according to I-485 inventory published by USCIS is 17836 with an expected date of adjudication is Jan, 2016.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
nocomment is infamous around these parts

I-485 Inventory does not include september approvals. By October they might be clearing off a lot of 2004 cases.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:16 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb2_mumbai is a glorious beacon of light eb2_mumbai is a glorious beacon of light eb2_mumbai is a glorious beacon of light eb2_mumbai is a glorious beacon of light eb2_mumbai is a glorious beacon of light

Yes I agree its a combination of
1) FY2009 spillover that has shortened the 2004 EB2 numbers
2) Less anticipated demand from EB2 ROW due to bad economy
3) USCIS is now in a better position to predict since they have finally processes majority of July 2007 applications to accurately determine the demand.
4) Better co-ordination between USCIS & Department of State
5) Better co-ordination within USCIS itself.

Till 2008 USCIS had no clue about demand & Supply so they would have business as usual till last quarter and then if they found that there were large number of visa that were unused they would push the dates forward by 1 -2 years in order to consume them. After they went into Oct and realized there were large pending applications they would pull the dates back by 4 years so that no one calls and bothers them. But now with preadjudication they have a clear idea of how many approvable cases are piled up so there is better clarity and hope that visa bulletien will be more predictable. But then we are dealing with USCIS so anything is possible.

Last edited by eb2_mumbai; 09-28-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
tempgc is a name known to all tempgc is a name known to all tempgc is a name known to all tempgc is a name known to all tempgc is a name known to all tempgc is a name known to all
Default Quarterly Spillover

How can we work with DOS to make Quarterly Spillover happen.

There have been questions raised regarding the way numbers have been provided to the China and India in the Employment Second preference categories beginning in April. Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that if total demand for visas in an Employment preference category is insufficient to use all available visa numbers in that category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual per-country limit. (For example: If the second preference annual limit were 40,000, number use by “All Other Countries” were estimated to be only 25,000, and the China/India combined number use based on their per-country limits were 6,000, then there would be 9,000 numbers unused. Those 9,000 numbers could then be made available to China and India applicants without regard to their per-country limits.)
Source :
Visa Bulletin for July 2008

If we workout a plan for this and make it happen, I am happy. Here are some good points

1. USCIS work load will be streamlined all the FY and avoid huge activity/workload in Sept
2. If economy / job market continues like this, EB3I can see light not to mention the advantage to EB2I.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all sunty is a name known to all

We should make sure that DOS releases future Visa Bulletins with Quarterly spill over in mind. This way many of us don't have to wait the whole year.

In my humble opinion, posting the wait number in GC queue based on USCIS and IV (FOIA) data would not achieve anything. If there is a chance that EB1 and EBROW demand would be very less in this year, we should try to get quarterly spill-over visas.

Is there a way to open a communication channel with DOS's Visa Office ? Any guidance from IV ?

Contributed to Flower campaign
Contributed to DC Rally fund
Tri-State Chapter member

advertisement

Old 09-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/23/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
seeking_GC will become famous soon enough
Default Good find..

Thats a good find. I was searching for the quarterly spillover reference myself.Since its the law, it would actually be illegal if the DOS did not follow this rule. Anything we can do to remind DOS that they need to do this? This need not be a long drawn out battle-all we are asking them to do is implement the law. Maybe we can ask AILA to help us in this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempgc View Post
How can we work with DOS to make Quarterly Spillover happen.

There have been questions raised regarding the way numbers have been provided to the China and India in the Employment Second preference categories beginning in April. Section 202(a)(5) of the Immigration and Nationality Act states that if total demand for visas in an Employment preference category is insufficient to use all available visa numbers in that category in a calendar quarter, then the unused numbers may be made available without regard to the annual per-country limit. (For example: If the second preference annual limit were 40,000, number use by “All Other Countries” were estimated to be only 25,000, and the China/India combined number use based on their per-country limits were 6,000, then there would be 9,000 numbers unused. Those 9,000 numbers could then be made available to China and India applicants without regard to their per-country limits.)
Source :
Visa Bulletin for July 2008

If we workout a plan for this and make it happen, I am happy. Here are some good points

1. USCIS work load will be streamlined all the FY and avoid huge activity/workload in Sept
2. If economy / job market continues like this, EB3I can see light not to mention the advantage to EB2I.

Last edited by seeking_GC; 09-28-2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: .

Old 09-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhootia View Post
Hello GC20,
Can you tell me how you got the position in the queue? Please send the link where this info exists..

thx

Check here.

Based on FOIA data released to IV by USCIS http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS1.php

Based on data available on the USCIS website http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS2.php

To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it - Mother Teresa.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
waiting_4_gc has a spectacular aura about waiting_4_gc has a spectacular aura about waiting_4_gc has a spectacular aura about
Default 2010 or 2017

Your position is 3278 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Dec-03" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2010.

Your position is 22542 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Dec-03" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Oct, 2017.
I-485 approved on 04/06/10
EAD and AP-- filed on 08/15/07
AP--Approved on 11/20;received on 11/26/07
Contributed--$100 so far
Attended San Jose rally and DC rally.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts
Default What does it mean

Estimated Wait time

Result for nrk:
Your position is 23184 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Apr-06" and Category "EB2" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Dec, 2017.

Estimated wait time Employment based gree card

Result for nrk:
Your position is 5450 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Apr-06" and Category "EB2" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Aug, 2011.

Above data shows some 6 years difference

Old 09-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice
Default how does one find out there place in the line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Estimated Wait time

Result for nrk:
Your position is 23184 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Apr-06" and Category "EB2" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Dec, 2017.

Estimated wait time Employment based gree card

Result for nrk:
Your position is 5450 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Apr-06" and Category "EB2" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Aug, 2011.

Above data shows some 6 years difference
helllo???? can someone tell me where/how can i find this info?

advertisement

Old 09-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute dskhabra has a reputation beyond repute

IV tool to find the number in the queue is in much demand. When tool was provided in the Donor forum everyone was looking for the actual FOIA numbers. Now when real numbers FOIA/USCIS website are out people are looking for the tool : )

Old 09-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts

Use these URL's

Based on FOIA data released to IV by USCIS http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS1.php

Based on data available on the USCIS website http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS2.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_fighter View Post
helllo???? can someone tell me where/how can i find this info?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
somename will become famous soon enough
Default Just math not the actual wait time

I think this tool is just based on estimates assuming a perfect system with no RFE etc. and strictly FIFO. This is as good as anyones guess but with the total no of inputs from the data. It can tell you probably how many are ahead of u but not not the date u will get. I got my GC (I had 2 sets of RFES as well) but acording to this I wil get in 2011.

So this is just fun and nothing more, I thought that the wait list was released by USCIS and was more practical than mathematical.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
murbh is on a distinguished road
Default My PD Results...

(*based on data from USCIS)

Result for murbh:
Your position is 163 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "", Priority Date "Mar-05" and Category "EB2" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2009.

(*based on data from USCIS website September 2009)

Result for murbh:
Your position is 596 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "", Priority Date "Mar-05" and Category "EB2" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2009.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCSeekerCT will become famous soon enough GCSeekerCT will become famous soon enough

Error 1064 : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1