Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute
Default how long does the labor/ PERM process take?

..if someone started now?

If a major corporation (i.e. bonafide company, no fraud, etc) started the labor process for an employee tomorrow, how long (in a ballpark sense) would it take before the person could file for I140 and I1485 concurrently?
...and do you think the dates wd remain current (for India) till then? And is there anything that can be done from the employee or employer's side to speed up the process? All comments will be appreciated.

Thanks all for your time

leo
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute helpful_leo has a reputation beyond repute
Default pls post reply

thnx

Old 06-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
delhirocks will become famous soon enough

Labor process through PERM can take anywhere from 3 weeks to more than a year (after filing). Most time consuming part is (if you are just initaing the process with your employer) the pre-filing documentation.
If you have a masters or better, and your current job does not REQUIRE a Masters degree, then you might want to ask HR to change/tweak your job profile. If thats an option and they are willing to do it, might take some time, but in the longer run, you will be better off under EB2 than EB3.
You will need letters from all your previous employers, verifying the job discription
Once that is in hand, your company will have to post your job in a newspaper/internal company website/job board and also in a visible place in your company premises for a month (X + 30 days)
After that 30 day period, you wait for any responses for an addidtional 30 days (X+60 days)
After that, your company/HR/Lawyer would need some time to put everything together before filing (X + 70 days)

Bear in mind this is the best case scenario. I started the process in December mid...filed for Labor in 1st week of June.
On your second point (dates being current), Iam very doubtfull that by the time Iam ready to file for 140/485, the dates will be current.

And ofcourse, if this ain't too daunting, THE CIR might put a wrench in your best laid plans, There is a talk about May 15th being the deadline for this process, untill Oct-08 when the new point system comes into play...good luck

Last edited by delhirocks; 06-17-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Old 06-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
GreenMe has a brilliant future GreenMe has a brilliant future GreenMe has a brilliant future GreenMe has a brilliant future GreenMe has a brilliant future GreenMe has a brilliant future GreenMe has a brilliant future GreenMe has a brilliant future GreenMe has a brilliant future GreenMe has a brilliant future GreenMe has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Hello Leo,

I am not a lawyer so don't take my word ... but this is what I have heard.

Labour thru PERM takes 45 to 60 days (considering company has to publish ad and stuff)...

You can file I-140 and I-485 only after your Labour is approved. And you can file them concurrently if the dates for India are current.

Regarding how long the dates will remain current, I don't think anyone would have the right answer. Atleast we know it is current till next bulletein comes in.

Regards,
GreenMe

Old 06-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/18/2008
Chargeability
:
Sri Lanka
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/18/2008
Compare
Kodi has a spectacular aura about Kodi has a spectacular aura about Kodi has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, Atlanta is hatching eggs with our PERM applications.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
ARUNRAMANATHAN will become famous soon enough
Default Question ALL Guys who are planning to Start the GC process ASAP

So PERM does this have more than one processing center .....

Atlanta and
??????

Now if more than one processing center then do you know the list of states that fall under each processing center .

This is for ALL Guys who planning to Start the GC process ASAP.

Thanks

Old 06-22-2007, 03:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC109 is on a distinguished road
Default I'm the first one in my company..

I'm the first one to have the GC processed in my company. The process was started sometime in Dec 2006 and most likely my attorney would file PERM Labor in this week. Will USCIS consider auditing in my case as I'm the first one in my company? Any ideas? The company is like 2-3 years old. Please let me know your thoughts.

My employer is from California..which center it belongs to? Chicago or Atlanta?

Old 06-22-2007, 03:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC109 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhirocks
Labor process through PERM can take anywhere from 3 weeks to more than a year (after filing). Most time consuming part is (if you are just initaing the process with your employer) the pre-filing documentation.
If you have a masters or better, and your current job does not REQUIRE a Masters degree, then you might want to ask HR to change/tweak your job profile. If thats an option and they are willing to do it, might take some time, but in the longer run, you will be better off under EB2 than EB3.
You will need letters from all your previous employers, verifying the job discription
Once that is in hand, your company will have to post your job in a newspaper/internal company website/job board and also in a visible place in your company premises for a month (X + 30 days)
After that 30 day period, you wait for any responses for an addidtional 30 days (X+60 days)
After that, your company/HR/Lawyer would need some time to put everything together before filing (X + 70 days)

Bear in mind this is the best case scenario. I started the process in December mid...filed for Labor in 1st week of June.
On your second point (dates being current), Iam very doubtfull that by the time Iam ready to file for 140/485, the dates will be current.

And ofcourse, if this ain't too daunting, THE CIR might put a wrench in your best laid plans, There is a talk about May 15th being the deadline for this process, untill Oct-08 when the new point system comes into play...good luck
Thanks for your response. You have got your Labor approved but don't you think that u can file I140 and 485 concurrently by end of July? Where do think that ur filing is going to get delayed?