Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
ubetman is infamous around these parts
Default Regarding G-28 form requirements

Hi,

My employer is filing my I-140 and I-485/131/765 concurrently. My lawyer/representative send a list which says G-28 signed by lawyer and my employer. I understand for I-140, G-28 is signed by lawyer and employer(petitioner). When filed concurrently is one G-28 is enough for whole forms?
I read we need to have G-28 form for each form and for 485/131/765 forms G-28 should be signed by the actual applicant and the lawyer instead of the petitioner(my employer). Right now in my case there is only G-28 form they were sending that was signed by my employer(petitioner) and the lawyer...is one G-28 is fine for whole application packet when filed concurrently...

USCIS website clearly says without G-28 form they will reject the application right away...but it didn't mentioned for each form though...but all my colleagues says they signed three G-28 forms one each 485/765/131...i am little confused and concerend..please suggest..

thanks in advance..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc007 is on a distinguished road

I think you are right. G-28 for I-140 shud be signed by layer and employer

And there shud be 3 separate G-28 's req for I-485/131/765 signed by layer and the actual applicant.

Mine was filled this way.

May be you shud get some information from others too who have done with one G28

Hope it helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubetman
Hi,

My employer is filing my I-140 and I-485/131/765 concurrently. My lawyer/representative send a list which says G-28 signed by lawyer and my employer. I understand for I-140, G-28 is signed by lawyer and employer(petitioner). When filed concurrently is one G-28 is enough for whole forms?
I read we need to have G-28 form for each form and for 485/131/765 forms G-28 should be signed by the actual applicant and the lawyer instead of the petitioner(my employer). Right now in my case there is only G-28 form they were sending that was signed by my employer(petitioner) and the lawyer...is one G-28 is fine for whole application packet when filed concurrently...

USCIS website clearly says without G-28 form they will reject the application right away...but it didn't mentioned for each form though...but all my colleagues says they signed three G-28 forms one each 485/765/131...i am little confused and concerend..please suggest..

thanks in advance..

Old 08-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
milind70 has a spectacular aura about milind70 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hi,

thanks in advance..
For 140 G 28 needs to signed by employer and lawyer.
For 485 related g 28 neeeds to signed by applicants and lawyer.
My lawyer asked for 4 copies of G 28

Old 08-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hi,

thanks in advance..
G-28 is optional and each form has to have its own G-28.

The single G-28 in your case is for the I140. The rest of the applications are signed by you and are your own. if a signed G-28 is attached to each of these forms, then you will not receive receipts, etc. But without the G-28, all the communication will come to you directly, which is actually beneficial.

So everything is alright in your case.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Default I am not sending the application packet

Thank you guyz for your responses.

I understand if G-28 forms are not sent, then all correspondence will sent to me which is good. But my concern is what if my lawyer signs the forms as a representative and not sending G-28 forms to represent the case.

This is the process which i have gone through:

1. My lawyer sent the questionnaire forms for 485/131/765. I filled the forms with my personal information and sent them to him online.

2. He made the necessary corrections and filled some gaps and sent them back to me for my signature. At the end of each form his name and address is printed as a representative of my case. He asked me to send all the forms signed along with reqd. documents.

when his name and adddress is printed and he signs the forms, then it shows he is representing the case. Then he has to send G-28 forms for each form I guess. If he didn't signed the forms as a representative then I guess all correspondence comes to me but my concern if he signs the forms but not sending G-28 for each form, then I guess I am in trouble for not sending G-28 forms...am I thinking correctly...suggestions plz...

My lawyer is not that responsive. He always says(pretends) that he is busy(not sure though)..I send an email but no response yet. If really G-28 forms required and if he sends the packet without them, then as per USCIS my application will be rejected right away. No time to reapply also.

thanks in advance....

Old 08-05-2007, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Default Did I make sense...

guyz,

Did I make sense in my previous post...suggestions plz...thanks...

Old 08-05-2007, 10:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute tampacoolie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thank you guyz for your responses.

I understand if G-28 forms are not sent, then all correspondence will sent to me which is good. But my concern is what if my lawyer signs the forms as a representative and not sending G-28 forms to represent the case.

This is the process which i have gone through:

1. My lawyer sent the questionnaire forms for 485/131/765. I filled the forms with my personal information and sent them to him online.

2. He made the necessary corrections and filled some gaps and sent them back to me for my signature. At the end of each form his name and address is printed as a representative of my case. He asked me to send all the forms signed along with reqd. documents.

when his name and adddress is printed and he signs the forms, then it shows he is representing the case. Then he has to send G-28 forms for each form I guess. If he didn't signed the forms as a representative then I guess all correspondence comes to me but my concern if he signs the forms but not sending G-28 for each form, then I guess I am in trouble for not sending G-28 forms...am I thinking correctly...suggestions plz...

My lawyer is not that responsive. He always says(pretends) that he is busy(not sure though)..I send an email but no response yet. If really G-28 forms required and if he sends the packet without them, then as per USCIS my application will be rejected right away. No time to reapply also.

thanks in advance....

I also gone through the same process with one exception that, my lawyer sent 3 G28 ( I485, I765 and I 131) and asked me to sign it and return the original. If your lawyer sign your forms as representative, then he/she has to attach G28 for each forms.
Infact I had to sign 5 G28 ( 3 for me and 2 for my minor child). My wife has signed 3 G28.

Old 08-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Default Thanks

Thanks Tampacoolie...I don't know how I have to persuade my lawyer/representative...guess have to deal with him carefully and politely...they think that we are the lawyers and we know everything..ofcourse may be ...sometimes esp at this point, we have to notify...if we miss this opportunity, no way to appeal also..and u never know when PDs will be current again....

Anyhow thanks guyz for ur suggestions...