Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future
Default I-485 RFE for Medical exam

Both my wife and I applied for our AOS together during the July fiasco. My wife received a RFE for another medical exam today. We both did our medical at the same time and were submitted with the AOS application but only my wife received the RFE for medical. I did receive another RFE but not for medical.

Why would she receive the RFE for medical? Does the medical exam also expire as the finger print does? If it does expire then why would only one of us receive the medical RFE and not the other?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future GCard_Dream has a brilliant future

Any comment guys.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
saps is a name known to all saps is a name known to all saps is a name known to all saps is a name known to all saps is a name known to all saps is a name known to all
Default Same thing happened in our case

I think the exams do expire. Just carry the copy of your old medical tests to the doctor and you might not need to take the vaccination shots again as most of them are valid for long period. But your wife will have to retake the TB and other tests. Just take the RFE with you to the doctor's office.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prav27 is on a distinguished road
Default We got too

We got RFE for my wife case too but it specifically mentioned that in the submitted report it was not cleraly mentioned if the skin test was done and so new medical form with TB Skin test( last time the Doctor just did the x-ray) needs to be submitted

Old 07-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold neelu is a splendid one to behold

I dont think the exam results "expire". My guess is that they misplaced your wife's results/paperwork or something like that.

Another explanation is that they wanted confirmation of your wife's results.

These days Medical RFEs are very common. No one really knows why they ask these sometimes.

But get another medical checkup done and send it in, and you should be good.

Good Luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream View Post
Both my wife and I applied for our AOS together during the July fiasco. My wife received a RFE for another medical exam today. We both did our medical at the same time and were submitted with the AOS application but only my wife received the RFE for medical. I did receive another RFE but not for medical.

Why would she receive the RFE for medical? Does the medical exam also expire as the finger print does? If it does expire then why would only one of us receive the medical RFE and not the other?

advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
Appu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCard_Dream View Post

1) Did you both get TB tested? The rules have changed. This is the most common cause for an RFE on medical exam.

2) Is she on any medication? Sometimes this requires a certificate from the prescribing physician. No big deal

Overall, there is probably no cause to worry about this. In fact, this could mean you are close to being approved. Same thing happened to me (see my history in my sig line).
Switched employers Dec, 2006
EB2-NIW - filed July, 2007
EB1A - filed July, 2007
Received EAD and AP Dec, 2007
EB2-NIW approved August 2008
RFE on I485 received August 2008
EB1A approved September 2008
Received card October 1st 2008

Contributed $200 to IV

Old 07-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Yes. We both did get the TB test done (test and X-ray) back in 2007. Even though the TB skin test came out negative, doctor didn't wait the test result and ordered the X-ray anyway.

I did take my wife for another medical today. Didn't need any vaccination but just the TB skin test, and blood test for HIV and RPE. The doctor said that the TB test does expire after a year but I am not sure if that's true. By the way, what do you mean by both TB test (skin test and X-ray)? Is X-ray mandatory?

Thanks to all for sharing their experience and knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appu View Post
1) Did you both get TB tested? The rules have changed. This is the most common cause for an RFE on medical exam.

2) Is she on any medication? Sometimes this requires a certificate from the prescribing physician. No big deal

Overall, there is probably no cause to worry about this. In fact, this could mean you are close to being approved. Same thing happened to me (see my history in my sig line).

Old 07-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Appu:

What do you mean by "Both TB Test"? Did you mean skin test and X-ray? If so, is X-ray mandatory? I thought X-ray was optional depending on what the test result of the skin test. In other words, you don't have to have a X-ray if the skin test was negative. Would you please clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appu View Post

Old 07-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Nepal
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Found the pre-requisite for X-ray

I found the answer from the I-693 form. X-ray is only needed in the following situation:

Chest X-Ray - Required ONLY for TST reactions of > 5mm or if specific TST exception criteria met, or for an applicant with TB symptoms or immunosuppression (e.g., HIV). Attach copy of X-Ray Report.

Here is the detailed explanation from USCIS on the the new TB test requirements:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/civil_surgeons_ti.pdf

Last edited by GCard_Dream; 07-10-2009 at 03:56 PM.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1999
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1999
Compare
smgms is infamous around these parts smgms is infamous around these parts
Default I-485 rfe

I would recommend get the report both for you and your wife.

advertisement

Old 07-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nzhind is on a distinguished road
Default Help!

I recently got this job at a check printing company in the US. They create custom made business checks. The catch is that i need to take care of all my visa procedures myself. What are the procedures involved with regard to medical exams? Can anybody please help me out with this?

Old 07-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
puja101 is on a distinguished road

I received RFE today that says" your application contained form I-693 in which the required TB skin test was not conducted. Please note there may be conflicting information on some published form I-693 instructions regarding when the chest X ray Report should be performed. It is required only when the TB skin test indicates a reaction equal to greater than 5 mm, or when the reason for why the TB skin test is medically inappropriate to perform has been annotated on theform I-693. Please submit a newly completed form I-693 indicating the results of the required skin test.

On Form I-485 Part3 C list present and past membership in or affliation with every organization, fund.......If none, write "NONE" or include name of organization.....Provide your answer on the photocopy of FormI-485 (enclosed) with your signiture and the date next to your answer"

I did TB skin test in 2007 that came negative and it appears to me, civil surgeon did not updated results on I-693 form. Today, I got sealed envelop from doctor and she has updated TB test results conducted in 2007 on new I-693 form. Is that ok or I need to do new TB skin test? Please let me know.

On checking copy of original I-485, I had answered Part3 C with "NON" instead of "NONE".I have few questions on this:

1.Visa Office did not enclose photo copy of Form I-485 as was stated in the RFE letter.Should I send photo copy of original I-485 with correction and signiture on it?

2. Do I need to send them only this page of Form I-485 or complete I-485 form?
Please help.