Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute abybaby81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default EB2 Retrogression

I dont know how accurate this information is, but looks like EB2 to retrogress back to Aug 2007

Charles Oppenheim: EB-2 India and China Cutoff Date Expected to Retrogress to August 2007
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desigun has a reputation beyond repute desigun has a reputation beyond repute desigun has a reputation beyond repute desigun has a reputation beyond repute desigun has a reputation beyond repute desigun has a reputation beyond repute desigun has a reputation beyond repute desigun has a reputation beyond repute desigun has a reputation beyond repute desigun has a reputation beyond repute desigun has a reputation beyond repute

My status is I140 Approved (EB2I) and 485 not yet filed. Priority Date is Oct 2007 for Position A within a large organization. In April 2010, I moved to Position B within the same organization, due to better career prospects and growth. My H1B was amended from position A to position B and is valid until April 2013. My spouse’s PD is Jan 2011 (EB2I and I140 Approved).
Based on the recent rapid movement of EB2, I was under the hope that my spouse’s date might become current for me to file I485 as a secondary applicant. But, based on the ‘developments’ in the last 24 hours, it appears that the date will retrogress to Aug 2007 and it will take at least another 11/2 -2 years for Jan 2011 to be current. I’m currently exploring if my returning to old position will be a much faster process to the GC rather than waiting for my spouse’s. I understand that there is a H1B ammendment that need to take place and will there be any issue in getting my H1B ammended. Would there be an RFE on why AOS did not happen, when the PD was current?
Thanks

Old 03-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinrobo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abybaby81 View Post
I dont know how accurate this information is, but looks like EB2 to retrogress back to Aug 2007

Charles Oppenheim: EB-2 India and China Cutoff Date Expected to Retrogress to August 2007
The information is dependable since its from CO's mouth. Its little old though. Its been discuss for past few pages.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
Was seeing processing times for AP/EAD at TSC and they are 5 months.

People with the first hand experience at TSC please share experience.
That is not true.. Our EB3 I-485s are in Nebraska however since we moved, our EAD applications were sent to Texas about 3 weeks back. Got the EADs approved in 3 Weeks. Our previous EADs were expiring only on June 7th 2012

BUT BUT.. we got only ONE Year EAD extension from March 2012 to March 2013 . We are very disappointed. Any idea how to raise this issue and ask for 2 years extension ?

Old 03-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Teddy,

Being a good person and sparing your time to help the community, you deserve a green (card) life well ahead of most of us. :-)

Enjoy your green!

Thanks again for all the help and info and please continue to do so!

advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 12:08 PM
Donor/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/04/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute coopheal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk29 View Post
That is not true.. Our EB3 I-485s are in Nebraska however since we moved, our EAD applications were sent to Texas about 3 weeks back. Got the EADs approved in 3 Weeks. Our previous EADs were expiring only on June 7th 2012

BUT BUT.. we got only ONE Year EAD extension from March 2012 to March 2013 . We are very disappointed. Any idea how to raise this issue and ask for 2 years extension ?

Hmmm so got it fast but only for one year.
Did you apply for both EAD and AP or just EAD.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold nk29 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopheal View Post
Hmmm so got it fast but only for one year.
Did you apply for both EAD and AP or just EAD.
Well we were not sure whether to apply for AP because our AP was only expiring 8 months later at the time of application of EAD.. and I don't think you can apply for AP as well if it is not expiring within 4 months.

In fact we sent the supporting documents with new photos a few days later of applying online.. but the EAD cards had the old photos that we sent in 2007!!

Also we have not ported from EB3 to EB2.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/29/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold gchungry is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinrobo View Post
The information is dependable since its from CO's mouth. Its little old though. Its been discuss for past few pages.
My Theory is..
It will retrogress and will start from Aug 2007 (where it stopped in 2007 Summer), and will move forward every month, till End of Summer 2012. As USCIS has total count of 485s in pipeline, they want to approve it based on PD. Although, whoever got their GC till now are the lucky once or they are destined.

As per Teddy's guess I think it will rest till first Qtr of 2009, by end of Fiscal Year 2012.

I hope, they release pending 485 inventory in Apr 2012 so that, Calculations starts again..

Again, this is just my personal theory...

Old 03-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of moonrah has much to be proud of

This may be a dump question but how people get notified for their case updates on their emails directly from USCISC? Is there some where I do I have to subscribe? or Lawyers have to do something?

Old 03-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
tatikonda is on a distinguished road
Default uscis case alerts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrah View Post
This may be a dump question but how people get notified for their case updates on their emails directly from USCISC? Is there some where I do I have to subscribe? or Lawyers have to do something?
I created account there and subscribed for email alerts

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2011
Compare
SVS has a reputation beyond repute SVS has a reputation beyond repute SVS has a reputation beyond repute SVS has a reputation beyond repute SVS has a reputation beyond repute SVS has a reputation beyond repute SVS has a reputation beyond repute SVS has a reputation beyond repute SVS has a reputation beyond repute SVS has a reputation beyond repute SVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default I-485 rfe

Update on I485 Application

I received a text message and email for RFE on March 20, 2012. Awaiting physical RFE letter.

My information:
Priority Date : December 4, 2007 (EB2)
I-485 filed : December 20, 2011 (TSC)
FP Notice : January first week, 2012
FP Date : January 26, 2012
EAD+AP: February 9, 2012
I-485 RFE : March 20, 2012
I-485 RFE Response:
I-485 Approval (Online):
Physical GC in hand:

Will update as soon as I know what the RFE is for.

SVS

Old 03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2012
Compare
LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold LondonTown is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by abybaby81 View Post

It is here as well.

Old 03-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2011
Compare
harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough harrydr is a jewel in the rough
Default What does this mean?

IV friends,
Below is the message that have just been posted regarding my case status.

On March 20, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Does this mean that my I485 is approved?
What is meant by ADIT processing as it says in the message above?

Old 03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute pillagandhi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chill out

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrydr View Post
IV friends,
Below is the message that have just been posted regarding my case status.

On March 20, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Does this mean that my I485 is approved?
What is meant by ADIT processing as it says in the message above?

You got greened and everything else is Rubbish - enjoy and congrats. Lucky for a May 08 before expected retrogression

Old 03-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2011
Compare
vick has a reputation beyond repute vick has a reputation beyond repute vick has a reputation beyond repute vick has a reputation beyond repute vick has a reputation beyond repute vick has a reputation beyond repute vick has a reputation beyond repute vick has a reputation beyond repute vick has a reputation beyond repute vick has a reputation beyond repute vick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got Greened Today!!

Hi All,

Got the most awaited email today. Card production has been ordered. It's long time coming!! 11th year on H1-B!!

My priority date is June 12, 2008. Looks like before the date retogress, USCIS will approve as many application as they can Good Luck to everybody!!

See sequence of events below:

Friends,

Here is the status so far:

Service Center: NSC
Priority Date: 06/12/2008
I485 Mailed Date: 12/29/2011
I485 USCIS Rcvd Date : 01/04/2012
I485 Rcpt Notice Date: 01/09/2012
Finger Print Notice Date : 02/01/2012
Finger Print Rcvd Date : 02/06/2012
Finger print Appointment Date: 02/23/2012
EAD Approval Date: : 02/28/2012