Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of
Default Place of Birth Issue for 485 filing - Very Urgent Please!

Hi all,

I am getting ready to file for my 485 but I have some issue with the 'Place of Birth' on Passport and Birth Certificate.

The Passport has the name of the town and the Birth Certificate has the name of the village which is like a suburb of that town. So in order to cover up the inconsistency, I got affidavits from my parents that has both the names of my village and town.

So my question is, what should be the place of birth on the form 485, 765 and G325A? If its the name of my village then it wouldn't match my passport which I read is important. Can I just have all three forms have the name of my town which matches the passport?? Please advice asap..

You help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
-vm
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/23/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/24/2012
Compare
dexter has a spectacular aura about dexter has a spectacular aura about dexter has a spectacular aura about
Default Put Both separated by comma

I had almost similar situation, my attorney put in suburb, district.

Old 02-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmb7 View Post
Hi all,

I am getting ready to file for my 485 but I have some issue with the 'Place of Birth' on Passport and Birth Certificate.

The Passport has the name of the town and the Birth Certificate has the name of the village which is like a suburb of that town. So in order to cover up the inconsistency, I got affidavits from my parents that has both the names of my village and town.

So my question is, what should be the place of birth on the form 485, 765 and G325A? If its the name of my village then it wouldn't match my passport which I read is important. Can I just have all three forms have the name of my town which matches the passport?? Please advice asap..

You help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
-vm
Hey VM,
Having both specified everywhere looks to be a good idea..
Example, if you were born in say
Village: CHR
Town/CITY: AML

Then have CHR,AML at all places. that way whatever they look for and if any doubt, they can check affidavit.
Good luck to you..

Old 02-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/11/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2012
Compare
shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute shouldIwait has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Concur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1309 View Post
Hey VM,
Having both specified everywhere looks to be a good idea..
Example, if you were born in say
Village: CHR
Town/CITY: AML

Then have CHR,AML at all places. that way whatever they look for and if any doubt, they can check affidavit.
Good luck to you..
I concur. Make sure that affidavits are clear enough in saying CHR village of AML Taluk/Town etc. Affidavits should also detail everything about the persons providing affidavit, namely name, maiden-name (if applicable), address, DoB, marriage details if it is your parents giving affidavit and how they have personal knowledge of your birth.

My lawyer advised to keep the affidavit and not submit as initial evidence and submit if there is an RFE.

Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of vmb7 has much to be proud of

Thanks a lot guyz..