Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of
Default Travel to India Via Paris with AP

Just tired of this topic...but want to check any way every time i plan to visit India...

Anyone visited to India Via Paris with AP ? In fact my return is direct from Dubai to US.

Thanks.
Attended the Advocacy days in DC - 2011
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute

My family has travelled thro Paris on AP a couple of times. We got an airport transit visa from the French Embassy in DC.
To contribute, please click here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/misc.php?do=donate

https://twitter.com/
https://www.facebook.com/
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ind...282011-2012%29

Got Greened in October 2013.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future
Default Airport Transit Visa is Required !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay View Post
My family has travelled thro Paris on AP a couple of times. We got an airport transit visa from the French Embassy in DC.
i traveled last year and had to get a Visa.
RD - July 25th 2007
Upgraded to EB2 in July 2012.
Interfiling letter sent by Attorney on Oct 1st 2012
Opened SR on Oct 15th
USCIS Requested Interfiling Letter for upgrade (No RFE, just a Mail Response sent to me) - Oct 22
Sent Interfiling Letter & email (Personal - no Attorney) - Oct 25
Opened SR on 11/15
485 Approval - end of Nov 2012.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of

Airport transit visa - Consulat Général de France Washington

From ther website, see at the very end:

4- Frequently asked questions
Q : I am an Indian citizen. I will fly from Newark to Mumbay through Paris. I will stay within the airplane during the 2 hours stop. The US visa stamped in my passport is not valid anymore. I do not have a green card.

A : If you have a valid OR expired US visa stamped in your passport or a green card AND you are returning to India, you do NOT need an airport transit visa.

That answers my question: While flying back to US, you may need a transit visa.
Attended the Advocacy days in DC - 2011

Old 04-13-2012, 01:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of
Default Dont need any visa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGC View Post

Q : I am an Indian citizen. I will fly from Newark to Mumbay through Paris. I will stay within the airplane during the 2 hours stop. The US visa stamped in my passport is not valid anymore. I do not have a green card.

A : If you have a valid OR expired US visa stamped in your passport or a green card AND you are returning to India, you do NOT need an airport transit visa.

I have travelled twice in the past 4 months to India and back via Paris. If you have a valid AP, you dont need any transit visa. Dont waste your time and money!
For expired visas etc I dont know the rules.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute

On Feb 1st of this year, my wife went to the French Embassy in DC for a transit visa. But unfortunately she could not get the visa stamped bcos of the rule that visa cannot be stamped on passports more than 10 yrs old. Since she was travelling on an emergency, the lady at the consulate said that my wife could go to India without Transit Visa but needed to get a visa from India on the way back. Finally we decided to cancel the AirFrance ticket and rebooked via Frankfurt.

I am not sure if it means that transit visa is not required for the onward journey as one of posters pointed out.
To contribute, please click here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/misc.php?do=donate

https://twitter.com/
https://www.facebook.com/
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ind...282011-2012%29

Got Greened in October 2013.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariswaminathan View Post
I have travelled twice in the past 4 months to India and back via Paris. If you have a valid AP, you dont need any transit visa. Dont waste your time and money!
For expired visas etc I dont know the rules.
Agreed - if you have valid AP, then you do not need any transit visa for connecting via any of the European airports... Done that via Paris, Frankfurt, Brussels, London..
RFE: BC in 2009/ Proof of Employment Authorization on July 8th, 2011
Greened on 07/16/2011
Cards Received on 07/21/2011

Old 04-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PRHolder has a brilliant future PRHolder has a brilliant future PRHolder has a brilliant future PRHolder has a brilliant future PRHolder has a brilliant future PRHolder has a brilliant future PRHolder has a brilliant future PRHolder has a brilliant future PRHolder has a brilliant future PRHolder has a brilliant future PRHolder has a brilliant future
Default If going to India and expired visa stamp in passport - no visa needed for France

Quote:

RNGC - Thanks a lot. Your post helped as that had a link that showed it direct information from the embassy. I printed it out and going to not worry about the visa.

I have an expired visa stamp in the passport and travelling to India through Paris (stop for 2 hours). It is logical that - An Indian citizen going to India will not fall back on them.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willworkforgc is on a distinguished road

Hi -
We travelled last year through Paris and had got a transit visa. However, no one asked or even looked at the transit visa for France at the CDG airport. Even though at the embassy they did insist that I had to get one.

Thanks,