|All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card|
|Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)||
|Please contribute to Immigration Voice.|
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Layoff after porting EB3->EB2
I did not receive any answer to this so asking it again, please help as I am really lost here.
I am facing a lyoff from the consulting company as my contract comes to an end. This company I filed an EB2 case with with ported PD of 2004. I got EB2 I140 approved on May of this year, and waiting on I485 approval after interfiling.
Here's my case:
EB3 Ind with PD May 04. Applied I485 on July 07 with Company A.
Applied EB2 Perm with Company B (consulting) on Sept 2011, I140 cleared on May 2012 with May 04 PD, and interfiled in June 2012, and now waiting for EB2 Ind dates to be available.
Now there is a sudden issue with Company B and end client, and they are ending the contract.
My question is
* Can I change my job safely to a new employer either on H1B or EAD, as GC approval seems to be close,
* Can I legally change the job now, as my I485 is pending for more than 180 days but new EB2 I140 is pending for less days than that.
* If I get laid off from sponsoring company, before GC approval does it mean that green card process is in jeopardy.
* If I change Company B to Company C on EAD, but let the client stay the same, can I justify 'same or similar' job criteria to USCIS, what document do I need to take care for naturalization and avoid fraud verdict on it.
Thanks all for the response, your help wud mean much to me.
If you did not receive any reply, maybe it's because nobody is able to give you a definite answer, or those who know something haven't been checking the website. Since your case is so urgent, it would be better if you consult with a good lawyer by paying some money.
CIRCLE us at +ImmigrationVoice
- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?
* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!
** Faith without Action is Futile.
- The Bible
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Layoff looming||ViciousCircle||Jobs and networking||2||07-20-2012 08:25 AM|
|Layoff with 485 pending||Robert Kumar||Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation||9||11-10-2010 09:00 AM|
|H1B Layoff – Please Advice!||myvoiceid||Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation||24||12-27-2009 11:58 AM|
|Possible layoff-looking for a job||pamposh||Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP||9||10-10-2008 12:53 PM|
|H1 LUD after layoff||toronto1999||Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation||2||04-08-2008 07:52 AM|