Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
extremeSufferer is on a distinguished road
Default Experience letterfor I140 and Labor

I have a strange problem. My company just filed my labor about 3 months ago in EB2 category. One of the experience letters has a very short experience (less than 2 months) because I did not work for that company more than that (I could not stand it). However, that experience is must for my job requirement. Since I did not have good relations with the employer, he very reluctantly gave me the experience letter. I am still afraid that if USCIS calls him, he may not give inconsistent or bad answers (he never liked me). It was a small company and I worked remotely so no other co-worker can give me the experience. Does anybody have any advice for me ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2013, 01:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aadohio has a spectacular aura about aadohio has a spectacular aura about

This is second hand information (a friend told me of a friend who told of a friend ...) so this may not be accurate but it did sound logical when I came across it.

1. Seems your case is that you submit a letter signed by this other person "XYZ" and USCIS calls "XYZ" to verify facts on the letter. By law "XYZ" is supposed to provide right information only to USCIS. Not providing right information or concealing information from any government authority can be an offense.

2. USCIS goes by the facts of the letter and not performance of work. If the letter says you worked with C Programming and "XYZ" confirms you did C Programming and adds that you did not do that very well -- well the fact of the letter is verified and this should be ok.

Again, I am not a lawyer and this is second hand info, but sounded reasonable. Best thing to do -- consult another "third party" lawyer
AND
Most important -- support IV You don't want a long wait to file your 485 once your labor & 140 is done -- do you?

Good Luck.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Ashwin2005 is on a distinguished road
Default Experience letter

Hi Experts,
I am new to this forum ,and read so many useful informations.
I need one help from you all.... This July (8months) only we moved from Taiwan( L1b visa). Before that my husband worked in Korea, Japan, (diff companies..) . In Taiwan he worked for 2 yrs, now recently some one bought this company and changed the name (Taiwan also) .now our Employer is going to process the green card, my question is shall we consider the Taiwan exp is his previous experience, ? because that time the company name was different... We are little confused, please advice.....

Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage