Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 10:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bracelet80 is on a distinguished road
Default H1 extension based on previous I 140 approval

Hello

I have question about H1 extention.

1) Working in company A and my I 140 is approved.
2) I have offer of company B and they said they will start GC process based on my performance after 1 or 2 years

Questions
1) if company B is not starting my GC process within 3 years of h1 extension, what is my status ?

2) if company B does not start my process, and I decide to join company C during this time, can I use approved I 140 of my company A to extend my H1.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds fishy. If they cannot start process now they will never. They will make you work harder and get out lot of profit. Nobody has seen future and what if company does not do well or your manager changes. There is no written commitment too. You have to decide if you want to be taken advantage of or find an employer that loves you. Leaving current employment could cause cancellation of I140 if your current employer does not love you.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
Sounds fishy. If they cannot start process now they will never. They will make you work harder and get out lot of profit. Nobody has seen future and what if company does not do well or your manager changes. There is no written commitment too. You have to decide if you want to be taken advantage of or find an employer that loves you. Leaving current employment could cause cancellation of I140 if your current employer does not love you.
They said they will start process after one year of hiring. Now I need to ask their existing employess how it works.

I have heard even if my current employer cancel my I-140, I can still port my PD and extend H1. is this correct ?

Old 08-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
and company is product based well known security company. and not desi or any consulting company. Company's reputation is good in market.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracelet80 View Post
and company is product based well known security company. and not desi or any consulting company. Company's reputation is good in market.
All companies are same. Some are sophisticated and some are direct. Everyone is greedy to make more money. People hate Consulting companies because they are approachable and easy to talk to because they are from same ethnic group. Both employees and employer benefit from each other. But they forget most EB2 and porting are done through consulting companies. Most people come to US through consulting companies. It is impossible to get hired by any reputed company directly from another country to US. The so called reputed companies that are not consulting have lot of bureaucracy and it is tough to navigate in it. It is up to you what you like. At the end of the day it is just a green card whether you get it from a 2 person company or 2000 person company.

But dont just think if a company is big and so called reputable it is good for your greencard.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
advertisement

Old 08-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
All companies are same. Some are sophisticated and some are direct. Everyone is greedy to make more money. People hate Consulting companies because they are approachable and easy to talk to because they are from same ethnic group. Both employees and employer benefit from each other. But they forget most EB2 and porting are done through consulting companies. Most people come to US through consulting companies. It is impossible to get hired by any reputed company directly from another country to US. The so called reputed companies that are not consulting have lot of bureaucracy and it is tough to navigate in it. It is up to you what you like. At the end of the day it is just a green card whether you get it from a 2 person company or 2000 person company.

But dont just think if a company is big and so called reputable it is good for your greencard.
Thanks Imh1b for your help.

Can you also answer below question ?

I have heard even if my current employer cancel my I-140, I can still port my PD and extend H1. is this correct ? I heard that you can not port PD or extend h1 ONLY IF USCIS revoke I 140 for fraud.
Is this correct ?

Old 08-15-2013, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bracelet80 View Post
Thanks Imh1b for your help.

Can you also answer below question ?

I have heard even if my current employer cancel my I-140, I can still port my PD and extend H1. is this correct ? I heard that you can not port PD or extend h1 ONLY IF USCIS revoke I 140 for fraud.
Is this correct ?
Can anyone response to this ?

Is this correct ?

Old 08-17-2013, 11:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts keyurpatel80 is infamous around these parts

Can anyone response to this ?

Is this correct ?

Old 08-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I have heard, you can extend/renew your H1b with company B if you have a copy of your I-140 from company A. What I don't know is if one can infinitely continue to extend H1b with different employers based on I-140 from a past employer.

You can talk to a attorney from law bench to get a confirmation. Post back what you find. Thx

Old 08-18-2013, 12:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarpn View Post
As far as I have heard, you can extend/renew your H1b with company B if you have a copy of your I-140 from company A. What I don't know is if one can infinitely continue to extend H1b with different employers based on I-140 from a past employer.

You can talk to a attorney from law bench to get a confirmation. Post back what you find. Thx
Any other IV member know this ?

It would be great help

advertisement

Old 08-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarpn View Post

I guess you can extend indefinitely as long as I140 is not revoked.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by katta View Post
I guess you can extend indefinitely as long as I140 is not revoked.
Thanks Katta

I dont know whether my old employer will revoke my I 140 or not.
but I have heard, even if they revoke I can still retain my PD and extend H1.

I can not retain PD ONLY IF, I 140 has been revoked by USCIS for fraud reasons.

Can you confirm ?

Old 08-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abhi_2753 has a spectacular aura about abhi_2753 has a spectacular aura about
Default 140 receipt

What is transfering to other employer with 140 approved but dont have 140 approval copy? Can anyone transfer H1 with 140 receipt #?