Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaithran is a jewel in the rough jaithran is a jewel in the rough jaithran is a jewel in the rough
Default Got Decision Email from USCIS - Anybody in similar suituation

All,
Here is the series of events happened with my case. Please let me know if anybody in similar situation.

1. Received on online status update on June 14th saying my I-485 approved though the dates were not current.
2. Called USCIS on 25th to confirm it as per my attorneys advice.
3. lol They said it was RFE and not approval and the online system got some glitch.
4. Next day status went back to Initial review - Reason post office returned my RFE
5. Called USCIS back and verified my address on file - everything was right. So requested to resend with a copy to attorney. (By the time I called my previous attorney and made sure he too didn't receive any)
6. On July 8th again online status updated by saying again post office returned.
7. Again Called USCIS again same thing they said they are again gonna resend for 3rd and final time.
8. This time I contacted the congress man office as I sensed something is terribly wrong or something got screwed up somewhere.
9. Congress man office got a redacted copy of my RFE and asked me to respond to that.
10. Mean time I also took an infopass appointment.
11. On Aug 5 during infopass appt, the officer said again they have send my RFE on Aug 2.
12. My attorney responded to the redacted RFE and USCIS received the Response on Aug 9th and on Aug 12th my online status said...Response review.
13. lol Again online status said initial review saying the post office again returned the RFE back.
14. Height of confusion and frustration--Called USCIS office yesterday. The office was nice and she said ignore the online status. You response is under review. Since you have responded for the redacted rfe copy I received through Congressman office everything is fine.
15. Today I got the Status update as Decision -- But its not saying approved/denied ....lol ..So holding my breath.

here is the content of the email.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Your Case Status: Decision On August 15, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at USCIS Home Page under Check Processing Times. *** Please do not respond to this e-mail message. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2013, 10:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaithran View Post
All,
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS Your Case Status: Decision On August 15, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision. If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283. *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at USCIS Home Page under Check Processing Times. *** Please do not respond to this e-mail message. Sincerely, The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Congratulations! You got Greened

Old 08-16-2013, 10:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold

I got the same email yesterday. Today I got another email saying card production has been ordered :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaithran View Post
All,
Here is the series of events happened with my case. Please let me know if anybody in similar situation.

1. Received on online status update on June 14th saying my I-485 approved though the dates were not current.
2. Called USCIS on 25th to confirm it as per my attorneys advice.
3. lol They said it was RFE and not approval and the online system got some glitch.
4. Next day status went back to Initial review - Reason post office returned my RFE
5. Called USCIS back and verified my address on file - everything was right. So requested to resend with a copy to attorney. (By the time I called my previous attorney and made sure he too didn't receive any)
6. On July 8th again online status updated by saying again post office returned.
7. Again Called USCIS again same thing they said they are again gonna resend for 3rd and final time.
8. This time I contacted the congress man office as I sensed something is terribly wrong or something got screwed up somewhere.
9. Congress man office got a redacted copy of my RFE and asked me to respond to that.
10. Mean time I also took an infopass appointment.
11. On Aug 5 during infopass appt, the officer said again they have send my RFE on Aug 2.
12. My attorney responded to the redacted RFE and USCIS received the Response on Aug 9th and on Aug 12th my online status said...Response review.
13. lol Again online status said initial review saying the post office again returned the RFE back.
14. Height of confusion and frustration--Called USCIS office yesterday. The office was nice and she said ignore the online status. You response is under review. Since you have responded for the redacted rfe copy I received through Congressman office everything is fine.
15. Today I got the Status update as Decision -- But its not saying approved/denied ....lol ..So holding my breath.

here is the content of the email.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2011
Compare
assimilation is on a distinguished road
Default I got decision email too..

.. Same confusing verbiage.. should I wait before declaring victory ??

On August 15, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default No need

Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilation View Post
.. Same confusing verbiage.. should I wait before declaring victory ??

On August 15, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.
Greened.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2011
Compare
assimilation is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddymjm View Post
Greened.
Thank you so much reddymjm.. Yes, my attorney also just said "..... c e l e b r a t e ... !!"

Old 08-16-2013, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaithran is a jewel in the rough jaithran is a jewel in the rough jaithran is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishmunn View Post
Congratulations! You got Greened
Thank you...

Old 08-16-2013, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of
Default how to initiate a sr enquiry?

can somebody help me with should I make ELIS account on uscis website or do a case status update account.
my date will be current on sept 01st. how long it took you to get an email after getting dates current
thnx

Old 08-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRamdev View Post
can somebody help me with should I make ELIS account on uscis website or do a case status update account.
my date will be current on sept 01st. how long it took you to get an email after getting dates current
thnx
Its a good way to track your applications. The emails are basically case status updates. So if they will work on your case and have a desicion then you will get an email. There is no hard or fast timeline as such.