Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gchopes is infamous around these parts gchopes is infamous around these parts gchopes is infamous around these parts gchopes is infamous around these parts
Default I-140 RFE: Experience letter requirement

Hi all,

I got an RFE on my I-140 petition asking me to submit experience letter as proof of my 2 year work experience that is listed on my LC. I tried contacting my previous employer for the letter several times but in vain. No emails / calls returned. What do I do in this situation? Can I submit paystubs / tax returns? I heard something about submitting affidavit letter from ex co-worker, not necessarily the boss I worked for in the previous company. Please provide any suggestions that you may have.

Thanks in advance.

gchopes.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paragpujara has a spectacular aura about paragpujara has a spectacular aura about paragpujara has a spectacular aura about

Submit affidavit letter from ex co-worker not necessary your boss. It should work. It worked for me. Let me know if you want sample letter.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2008
Compare
quizzer is infamous around these parts quizzer is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchopes
Hi all,

I got an RFE on my I-140 petition asking me to submit experience letter as proof of my 2 year work experience that is listed on my LC. I tried contacting my previous employer for the letter several times but in vain. No emails / calls returned. What do I do in this situation? Can I submit paystubs / tax returns? I heard something about submitting affidavit letter from ex co-worker, not necessarily the boss I worked for in the previous company. Please provide any suggestions that you may have.

Thanks in advance.

gchopes.
Get an affidavit and it should work.

Whats your service center, EB2orEB3 and I140 receipt date?

Thanks

Old 03-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivache has a spectacular aura about vivache has a spectacular aura about vivache has a spectacular aura about
Default Exp letter

I've heard cases being rejected when exp letter is from colleague.
It generally needs to be from the boss.
Also point to note is that if the boss shifts company .. you need to get the letter from him on his current company letterhead.

So all you need to get is some person you know from your ex company who can say that he managed you.
Also exp letter needs to list your work experience .. liek projects worked on, technologies used.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default It is always a good idea to do before you leave

Its always a good idea to get an experience letter BEFORE you leave the company or at the time when you are leaving.

If the leaving is abrupt and on unpleasant terms, then you need to plan ahead of time to get such a letter that is an experience letter, and get it under a different excuse:

1. I want an experience letter to file for Canadian immigration.
2. I want an experience letter to go to consulate abroad for stamping and I heard that its needed. I need it fedexed tommorow as I am flying next week due to family emergency.

3. I want an experience letter as my boss at my project is doing restructuring, layoffs, realignment of duties and he needs resumes and experience letters to make decisions.

Under these excuses, you SHOULD GET and experience letter BEFORE you quit and your ex employer gets mad at you like a jilted lover.

One more thing...I cannot cite any code, but there is a law that the employers are obligated to give a relieving letter to whoever quits/gets fired/gets laid off etc that states the job title and start-date and end-date of the employment. Its a law. I will put it here if I find the exact federal code or law that says that.

advertisement

Old 03-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivache
I've heard cases being rejected when exp letter is from colleague.
It generally needs to be from the boss.
Also point to note is that if the boss shifts company .. you need to get the letter from him on his current company letterhead.

So all you need to get is some person you know from your ex company who can say that he managed you.
Also exp letter needs to list your work experience .. liek projects worked on, technologies used.
I think experience letter from collegue with affidavit showing reason why it is not from employer should work. There are ways to over come blackmails from previous employers.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future
Default colleague will be fine

If you cannot get an experience from a manager, you have to attest you have tried contacting the company with no success. Always, in addition to that provide the company detail: address, name, your title, phone number to the company if exists.
Then, get a second letter from your colleague, who should write you both worked in the company specified in the first letter.
USCIS needs to have info about the company in question in addition to your colleague attestation.
I have friends who did that and were ok. I also have a friend who submitted a letter from a colleague only and had RFE for company details. Later, his 140 was approved, but it stretched for over a year before he got approval.....

G

Old 03-28-2007, 09:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the same situation. My company would not give me exp. letter after so many emails. So I used affidavit from a collegue and also provided exp. letter from company which was backdated ( I got it for Canadian immigration). I did not get query.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2007
Compare
ChainReaction is on a distinguished road

I also have to submit an experience letter for my I-140 on company letter head, the company went out off business in 1998. I have a photocopy of experience letter not an original , will that be enough? or I have to find someone who worked with me and will certify that ? Also,my H1b extension is pending at Cal service center which EAC # should be submitted along with the I-140.

thanks

Old 03-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
shirish is infamous around these parts shirish is infamous around these parts shirish is infamous around these parts

These experence letters won't work many times, I had this expreience. I got a RFE on my first I-14o in 2001. I had to go get another letter form my ex-emp(Fortunately i had good terms with person who was the head of HR when i needed this letter). That time my lawyer had submitted all the exp letter i received when i left respective companies.

For my second I-140 last year, my current lawyer ask me to get fresh letters.I could manage only one on a company letterhead signed my the CEO. Rest all i took from my ex-coworkers on plain papers (Did not do any affedivit)
Fortunately did not get any RFE and I-140 was approved in 10 weeks.

Similerly one of my co-workers did the same thing, except that he did not have even one letter on letterhead, he got RFE, then he managed two letters on letterhead and about the third one he told not possible to arrange on letterhead (not sure what exact reason he gave), his I-140 got approved in few weeks after replying to the RFE.

One more of my co-worker had submitted letters from ex-coworkers on letterheads (their current company, they manageed somehow in india).
And just one letter was on plain paper (along with the ex-coworkers business card) he got RFE, he is yet to reply to it.But he going to submitt all the emails he send to the company HR to get the letter to show that he tried. (Not sure if this works)

In my opinion, there no sure shot answer on what will work and what will not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife
Its always a good idea to get an experience letter BEFORE you leave the company or at the time when you are leaving.

If the leaving is abrupt and on unpleasant terms, then you need to plan ahead of time to get such a letter that is an experience letter, and get it under a different excuse:

1. I want an experience letter to file for Canadian immigration.
2. I want an experience letter to go to consulate abroad for stamping and I heard that its needed. I need it fedexed tommorow as I am flying next week due to family emergency.

3. I want an experience letter as my boss at my project is doing restructuring, layoffs, realignment of duties and he needs resumes and experience letters to make decisions.

Under these excuses, you SHOULD GET and experience letter BEFORE you quit and your ex employer gets mad at you like a jilted lover.

One more thing...I cannot cite any code, but there is a law that the employers are obligated to give a relieving letter to whoever quits/gets fired/gets laid off etc that states the job title and start-date and end-date of the employment. Its a law. I will put it here if I find the exact federal code or law that says that.

advertisement

Old 03-28-2007, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold wizpal is a splendid one to behold
Default experience letters

My labor just got approved and I am preparing to apply for I140. I did have the offer letter, experience(with just tenure) and resignation letter from my previous employer all of which I was leaving that company back in 1998. None of those mention about any skills. When I tried to get a letter with skill set mentioned, I couldn't get hold of that company. What options I do have now..

Thanks
Anand

Old 03-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Worked for me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragpujara
Submit affidavit letter from ex co-worker not necessary your boss. It should work. It worked for me. Let me know if you want sample letter.
--
It worked for me too.

Old 03-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gchopes is infamous around these parts gchopes is infamous around these parts gchopes is infamous around these parts gchopes is infamous around these parts

I worked as a consultant for my previous employer isn't responding to my emails / calls for exp letter.

I asked my manager at client site and he is willing to give me a letter that states that I worked in capacity of consultant in his company when being employed by my previous employer during that time. The manager at client site is also willing to give a detailed letter on job skills / duties etc.

Will this work if I get the above notarized on client letterhead?

Old 04-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Experience Letters.....

I think this question might have been answered earlier.

Working as a consultant, is there any benefit of taking experience letters from your clients. does, it help in your I140.

I am really novice is this area, and will really appreciate if you can guide me on this.

Regards

Old 04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute satyasaich has a reputation beyond repute
Default to some extent

Well, it's always a good idea to keep at least a co-worker's affidavit. Sometimes they can rescue a case

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilmahajan
I think this question might have been answered earlier.

Working as a consultant, is there any benefit of taking experience letters from your clients. does, it help in your I140.

I am really novice is this area, and will really appreciate if you can guide me on this.

Regards