Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2008, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Question Passport Renewal ECR/ECNR

The passport application form has a question about ECR/ECNR. I am not sure what to answer that question. My current passport has "ECR for all except Bangladesh, Pakistan, eurpoean and North American countries". I dont know what it means. If anybody has any idea, please let me know and they also ask the educational qualification. I dont know what that has to do with the emigration status.

Another question is do I need to send just one MO for the passport fees and mailing fees or a separate money order for each?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongha_2000 View Post
The passport application form has a question about ECR/ECNR. I am not sure what to answer that question. My current passport has "ECR for all except Bangladesh, Pakistan, eurpoean and North American countries". I dont know what it means. If anybody has any idea, please let me know and they also ask the educational qualification. I dont know what that has to do with the emigration status.

Another question is do I need to send just one MO for the passport fees and mailing fees or a separate money order for each?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
If you have graduation certificate (12 +3 or 12+4), you need to go for ECNR.

All Indian passports are divided into two categories as follows:
1.Passports with endorsement:- "Emigration Check Required" (ECR)
2.Passports with endorsement:- "Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR)

No emigration clearance is required for visiting Bangladesh, Pakistan, all countries in Europe(except the Commonwealth of Independent States), North America, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, South Korea and South Africa.

For ECNR Application:
To apply for ECNR stamp in the passport, the applicant is required to fill a Miscellaneous Application form (EAP-2). The duly filled-in application form may be submitted personally or through a representative (having authority letter duly signed by the applicant as per Annexure 'L') or by registered post.

Indian passport holders who have the stamp of ECNR, do not require to take any emigration clearance from POE for going to any country.

HTH
GCCovet

Last edited by gccovet; 05-09-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about rongha_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Thanks..!!

Thanks GCCovet, Later on I realized that the form asks for "current" status which is ECR and I think based on my educational qualification the consulate will decide on ECR/ECNR for my new passport, is that right?

Also do you know if I need 2 separate money orders ($40, and $20) or just 1
($60) would be enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccovet View Post
If you have graduation certificate (12 +3 or 12+4), you need to go for ECNR.

All Indian passports are divided into two categories as follows:
1.Passports with endorsement:- "Emigration Check Required" (ECR)
2.Passports with endorsement:- "Emigration Check Not Required (ECNR)

No emigration clearance is required for visiting Bangladesh, Pakistan, all countries in Europe(except the Commonwealth of Independent States), North America, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Singapore, South Korea and South Africa.

For ECNR Application:
To apply for ECNR stamp in the passport, the applicant is required to fill a Miscellaneous Application form (EAP-2). The duly filled-in application form may be submitted personally or through a representative (having authority letter duly signed by the applicant as per Annexure 'L') or by registered post.

Indian passport holders who have the stamp of ECNR, do not require to take any emigration clearance from POE for going to any country.

HTH
GCCovet

Old 05-09-2008, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/23/2008
Compare
spbpsg is a jewel in the rough spbpsg is a jewel in the rough spbpsg is a jewel in the rough

One money order of $60 can be sent.

Just make sure you fill up form online and take appointment. When I went last week to DC to submit my form, I saw many people came there with manual form. They were sent back.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongha_2000 View Post
Thanks GCCovet, Later on I realized that the form asks for "current" status which is ECR and I think based on my educational qualification the consulate will decide on ECR/ECNR for my new passport, is that right?

Also do you know if I need 2 separate money orders ($40, and $20) or just 1
($60) would be enough?
One MO is fine. Once they see your 'graduation' certi. they will assign ECNR.
GCCovet

Old 05-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Default Mailing the application

Thanks all for your replies. I am not planning to go to the consulate personally but send everything through mail. I am sending it to Chicago counsulate. Hopefully it should not be a problem. All they say about sending it in mail is I need to get my supporting document notorized and expect my passport in 15-20 days which is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spbpsg View Post
One money order of $60 can be sent.

Just make sure you fill up form online and take appointment. When I went last week to DC to submit my form, I saw many people came there with manual form. They were sent back.