Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future
Default Bank verification letter for Vistor Visa

Hello, I am trying to get all the sponsor documents together for my parents visitor visa stamping. I am having some problems getting a bank account verification letter. I have a checking account with a bank in Indiana (I used to stay there 2 years back) which I still use regularly. Most of my transactions are performed by internet banking and my pay checks are deposited directly into this bank account by my company. I have requested them to send a verification letter for which they replied in negative as they can do that if only I can be present in person and not over the phone. My current account balance in this account is around $12,000 and I have bank statements for each month going back to Feb' 2007. Can someone let me know hpw to deal with this situation ( I would really hate to drive/fly 700 miles to just get a bank letter).

I also have a problem with other bank deposit I have. It is a exclusively online HSBC savings account and I have $12,000 in this account with statements going back to July 2007. I could not get proper answer from customer service for my request to give me a account verification letter and I am not sure how to deal with this situation either.

Can someone please help me. Is account verification letter from the bank manager a must as mentioned on i-134? Wouldn't the bank statements suffice?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold
Default HSBC AV letter

I got an account verification letter from HSBC Online Savings Bank. Just go to the Bank Mail section and ask for an AV letter. They will charge you $20 or $25 for it. I got it done last month.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute kak1978 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a account in Bank of America, and they sent me a letter when i asked them to send a "Account verification letter for Immigration purposes" They charged me $10 for that and took around a week. See if you can open a account at a local bank and try transfering the money to that account, Before you decide on opening a account , confirm if they issue such a letter.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold chantu is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak1978 View Post
I had a account in Bank of America, and they sent me a letter when i asked them to send a "Account verification letter for Immigration purposes" They charged me $10 for that and took around a week. See if you can open a account at a local bank and try transfering the money to that account, Before you decide on opening a account , confirm if they issue such a letter.
I advise not to do like this guy is saying. My suggesstion is if it is really not possible for you to get the letter, just send last 6 months of bank statements. And let your parent tell VO that your bank gives letter in person & you live far away from that bank. Majority cases, they will not even ask for any bank letters or statements. My suggesstion is to send both Indiana bank and HSBC bank statements for last 6 months. That will be good.

Old 06-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts

looks like yours is a small bank..
call up their central customer service..or talk to the manager.... manager shoudl be of help...else..i guess u have to go in person!

advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2008
Compare
Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all

You have a decent amount of money in your account(s) and the bank should be obliging you. If I were you I would take my money out of the account and deposit it in a bank close to where I live (BOA has branches all over the US so that might be a good option) and then get a letter from that bank. You can then send this letter along with the statements for the last six months from the previous bank. Don't let this stupid bank treat you like this; if they are not giving you the letter then they don't deserve your business. Go to the local branch of a bank and tell them that you want to open and account and move $12000 from the other bank; there is a good chance they will give you a letter for free.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
pandu_hawaldar has a spectacular aura about pandu_hawaldar has a spectacular aura about
Default I don't think need

I don't think its necessary to have kind of a verification letter from bank. I only sent paper statements for past 6 months, that's it. I printed the same online and also did order in mail through 1-800 number of BOA free of charge. As a matter of fact, in my situation at that time, I was not worried about sending this verification letter, because we give enough docs for our genuineness and I thought monthly statements would suffice.

I guess you should close the account with that bank (or atleast make it non-active) and open one locally.

My $0.02 .

Old 06-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2008
Compare
mps has a spectacular aura about mps has a spectacular aura about

I had used 6 months of previous bank statement (original) and had mentioned the same in the letter written to consulate officer.

Using that my parents did get 10 year multiple entry visa.
-Called lawmakers for support

Old 06-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantu View Post
I advise not to do like this guy is saying. My suggesstion is if it is really not possible for you to get the letter, just send last 6 months of bank statements. And let your parent tell VO that your bank gives letter in person & you live far away from that bank. Majority cases, they will not even ask for any bank letters or statements. My suggesstion is to send both Indiana bank and HSBC bank statements for last 6 months. That will be good.
I agree. 6 months bank statement along with 3 years of W2 are more than sufficient to prove your financial ablity to support your parents.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/08/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts
Default Bank Statements

A few months of bank statements (with most recent balance)+ your tax docs for last year+ W-2 and most importantly a letter from your employer saying how long you have been there, salary and benefits, if any - should suffice.

advertisement

Old 06-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
trucks55 is on a distinguished road

I had recent gt my in-laws visa stamped at chennai consulate, i has send my 3 months bank statements from my online statements..

hope this help you ...

Old 06-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold mnkaushik is a splendid one to behold
Default Original BC

Slightly off topic. But do we need to send our original BC if we are sponsoring someone other than your parents. I am in the process of sponsoring my aunt and would like to know if i need to send my orginal BC. Sorry for going off topic.

Old 06-04-2008, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute

They might not send one to you if you request over the phone, this is for your own security since you keep hearing about cases where personal identity is stolen. If you have an online account, log in and send a request from there, they might send it to your email for a nominal fee though I am not sure. I got mine from Bank of America for 10$

Old 06-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
bskrishna has a spectacular aura about bskrishna has a spectacular aura about bskrishna has a spectacular aura about
Default Birth Cert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkaushik View Post
Slightly off topic. But do we need to send our original BC if we are sponsoring someone other than your parents. I am in the process of sponsoring my aunt and would like to know if i need to send my orginal BC. Sorry for going off topic.
If you meant birth certificate, i do not think so is a requirement..

Old 06-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
Default Birth Certificate

Yes BC stands for Birth Certificate. I saw this text in the VFS site for us consulate under Required Documents

For parents visiting a child resident in the US:

If child is an Indian citizen.

a. Childs’s original birth certificate.

b. Photocopy of all pages of child’s passport.
c. Where the US visa of child has expired, photocopy of the renewed petition required.
d. Where child is a legal permanent resident in USA, photocopy of the green card (front and back) is required.

If child is a U.S. citizen.
a. Photocopy of bio-data page of US passport or photocopy of Naturalization Certificate.

So is this requirement only when ur sponsoring ur parents?