Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 04:31 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vjzzz is on a distinguished road
Smile Visa Stamping in Nogales, Mexico

I have my visa stamping this week in Nogales, Mexico. Does anybody have any advice, tips, etc? Hoping to get my stamping on the same day of my appointment, thats one of the reasons I booked by appointment there.
I will be using the assistance of NVS International for my transportation, bank draft, hotel, etc. If anyone needs assistance in Nogales they can help you out: www.nogalesvisaservices.com. They seem to offer very good service in Nogales, heard good comments about them.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Compare
skumar9 can only hope to improve
Smile hi

Do they provide Visa to Mexico?...or do we need to do it ourself..how much these people charge( is this inc of Bank Draft+Hotel+Mexico Visa), Please advice..

Thanks in Adv...

Old 09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Search IV for old threads...

There is lot of information in some of the old threads on this forum.

I was looking for it when I had appointment in Nogales. I ended up canceling that appointment and went to Calgary,Canada Instead.

Old 10-02-2008, 03:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
omved is a glorious beacon of light omved is a glorious beacon of light omved is a glorious beacon of light omved is a glorious beacon of light omved is a glorious beacon of light omved is a glorious beacon of light
Talking My Nogales experience on September 30th 2008

Not bad, got visa approved same day. This was my 7th year H1 extension, while I485 is pending, applied last year July..

Got appointment a month before. Consulate automatically checks for PIMS verification within next 2-3 days..I got banamex receipt made by Mexican assistance services, in fact there are many people / company willing to get this receipt made for nominal charges..

Drove to Nogales, AZ. Parked car in one of the parking lot. Cross border by foot through revolving door. No one is there to check any immigration paper for Mexico. People from India do need visa to visit Mexico but rule seems to be bit vague. To visit US consulate in Nogales, one can get local tourist permit (which can be obtained at POA in Mexico immigration. I got Mexico visa for 6 month multiple entry through local Mexican consulate in US. In retrospect, probably I wasted time and money for nothing..No one bothers to check any documents in Mexico, in fact I have look hard to find someone in immigration to stamp my entry in Mexico..

Anyway, got Cab for $7 to US consulate. Reached there at 7.30am. Appointment time was at 8am. But this doesn't matter as consulate will let all Mexican labor visa applicant to go in first (approx 150 of them). I stood in line for about 2 hours, finally got in at 9.30. Process was smooth from there on..got biometrics / photo done and then interview for 2 minutes..IO didn't ask much, just few simple questions..Didnít even check any extra document. I was advised to come at 3 pm to collect visa which I did. (Spent 4 hours -11am to 3pm in nearby Nogales mall)

Got return cab to border. Took about 30 minutes get new I 94 made. Entered Nogales, AZ comfortably. Car was still parked safely...Returned home happily...Will continue to wait from GC, stuck in PD of April 2006 in EB2

All the best to you all...

Old 10-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Compare
Smile Thank You for sharing the Exp...

Can you please give me ur contact details atleast ur maild id, as im also planning to go Nogales for stamping... and i need your help...

Old 10-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
omved is a glorious beacon of light omved is a glorious beacon of light omved is a glorious beacon of light omved is a glorious beacon of light omved is a glorious beacon of light omved is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sure

I will be happy to provide any further assistance you may need..If not done so far, please do help IV by contributing some money and participating in different activities..
My email is omved@yahoo.com

Thanks

Old 10-23-2008, 04:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2006
Compare
Smile Anyone going to attend on Nov 3 2008 in Nogales please reply...

Hi all,

Is there anyone who is attending in Nogales for H1b Stamping on Nov 3rd 2008, please reply,,, we shall meet..sree_us9@yahoo.com

Thank You...

Old 10-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold
Default I was there..

Hello OP,
Here is what I did. I have mentioned some tips for you to save money:
Fly to Tulsa. There is tonnes of BUS service from Tulsa to Nogales(AZ). It is damn cheap..I think $10.00
They will drop you at the border. Walk to the other side.
YOU DONT NEED VISA TO GO TO MEXICO IF YOU PLAN TO STAY IN NOGALES ONLY.
I did get a visa but was told it is not needed. No one cares...you can simply walk over..no one will check either.
Cab costs anywhere between 7 and 10 to go to USA consulate.
There is a local bus like blue line in delhi that can take you there too. It is not worth it though. Chances are high that you will get your visa the same day. If not, you can rent hotel for anywhere between 30 and 50.
Take cab come back to border. Walk over...do the same immigration process like you would do at any airport.
Someone up there is right..be prepared to face atleast 150 to 200 Mexican H2 or H3 ...workers. This will be the longest part of your journey.
No need to get any mexican currency. They gladly take USD.
To use your cell phone, come to the border..its a regular within 50 states call from there....as soon as you go like 1 mile inside, you loose signals. Then it becomes international call.
Don't drink water there...drink beer.
If you have any other questions or if I missed anything else that you wanna know..feel free to ask: tinuverma@gmail.com

Good luck.
D

Old 10-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold lskreddy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinuverma View Post
Hello OP,
Fly to Tulsa. There is tonnes of BUS service from Tulsa to Nogales(AZ). It is damn cheap..I think $10.00
D
Did you mean Tuscon? Tulsa is in OK and $10 will get you to middle of nowhere, not Nogales.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold tinuverma is a splendid one to behold

yeah.....Tuscon...sorry
I live in OKC...so Tulsa comes by default.

advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability