Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future
Default All H4-F1 Visa Change of Status in US and Successfull F1 Visa stamping outside US

To All Gurus,

This might have been a common situation for a lot of talented spouse who came to US on H4 and find themselves handicapped as they cannot progress in there career on H4. After all the frustration they found light at the end of the tunnel by changing there status to F1 which give them hope and opportunity to advance there career and also make them eventually eligible for OPT and H1-B ( MS cap of 20000).

My question is to all the people who successfully change there status from H4-F1 and than went out of US to get there F1-Visa stamped? What were the documents you carried? How do you prove your intent as F1 visa is purely non-immigrant and you need to prove you will return back home while H4 is dual intent and you spouse on H1 is potential immigrant. I will appreciate any help and guidance as this is one of the grey areas of the American Immigration system and uscis.

Thanks for your help in advance and hopefully this thread can work as reference for all fellow immigrants in such a situation

-SC
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future schandwani has a brilliant future
Default Keep it Al

Buzz........ Trying to keep the thread alive
Quote:
Originally Posted by schandwani View Post
To All Gurus
This might have been a common situation for a lot of talented spouse who came to US on H4 and find themselves handicapped as they cannot progress in there career on H4. After all the frustration they found light at the end of the tunnel by changing there status to F1 which give them hope and opportunity to advance there career and also make them eventually eligible for OPT and H1-B ( MS cap of 20000).

My question is to all the people who successfully change there status from H4-F1 and than went out of US to get there F1-Visa stamped? What were the documents you carried? How do you prove your intent as F1 visa is purely non-immigrant and you need to prove you will return back home while H4 is dual intent and you spouse on H1 is potential immigrant. I will appreciate any help and guidance as this is one of the grey areas of the American Immigration system and uscis.

Thanks for your help in advance and hopefully this thread can work as reference for all fellow immigrants in such a situation

-SC

Old 11-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Bump

^^^^^^^^^