Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Contact Media Latest Posts Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

advertisement

Donation Goal
Goal amount for this month: 10000 USD, Received: 0 USD (0%)
Donate Now
Please contribute to Immigration Voice.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of
Default Case sent to USCIS for review but why should we wait for the review ?

Hello
After my interview with New Delhi consulate on 31'st May 2011, I received 221g green and after 2 and half months, I received a reply from USCIS that they have received the case from the Department of State for review.

I forwarded this email to my company lawyer then he said, "In few weeks we will get a Notice of Intent to Revoke (NOIR) the petition. We will have 30 days to respond. After we get it we will review the NOIR and respond".

Now the problem is today its 15'th August. As per lawyer, we'll get the NOIR in few weeks. The problem here is my petition is going to expire on 30'th September. So as per my lawyer's brain, he will receive the NOIR in say mid of September and respond to USCIS.

USCIS will then review the response from lawyer and forward the case to the consular officer. By that time, easily September 30'th would've passed. So basically here we are chasing an expired petition. Even if say consular officer gets the reaffirmation from USCIS say in mid of September ( which is highly unlikely but just imagine for the moment). will the consular officer give me visa for 15 days !!!!

This is totally ridiculous to wait for NOIR. But I wanted to know whether we should really wait for USCIS review or apply for new H1.

How do I convince my lawyer for new H1 ?

Please let me know what should I do ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future PHANI_TAVVALA has a brilliant future
Post Think through

Forget about convincing your lawyer. You need to convince your employer for new H1B unless they don't want you anymore. Even if your current H1B is approved today it will be valid only until end of September. What will you do after that if your employer is not going to file for extension (AKA new H1B)?

Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of lostpacket has much to be proud of

I was able to convince my employer to file H1B.
They are now doing it in premium processing !!! I feel great
I just wish I don't get stuck again..

Old 08-16-2011, 11:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

this is interesting. now they will file a fresh H1b and then again you go for stamping for that new H1b? Will Consulate consider the old documents you had sent for the 221g for the old h1?

I wish this gets over for you quickly and in a positive way. good luck buddy.